SylvanLakeWH

:popcorn:

• Like 1

rmaynard

You gonna have it ready in time for the show, or do you think I'm expecting too much? :hide: 

• Haha 6

JoeM

Question, back when the LSE machines were sold new, how much of a premium was added to the price?

Maybe a comparison to a 418 automatic. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, Sodaking27 said:

the fun begins

I'm in! 

• Like 2

CasualObserver
1 hour ago, JoeM said:

Question, back when the LSE machines were sold new, how much of a premium was added to the price?

A fun old thread to look through... and maybe some newer guys can add some updates!

• Like 1

ri702bill
1 hour ago, JoeM said:

Maybe a comparison to a 418 automatic. 

Those 1 of 200 Beauties went out the Dealers Doors for roughly $8K when new - back in the day.....

• Like 3

JoeM

8 grand in 86 wow. Just a year before that I was trying to figure out how to scrap up 100 bucks to get a used Monkey Wards rider! 

I did end up a few years later with a used B100A. The local WH dealer always tried to sell me new ones when I would stop in and get a part. I would tell him I need a belt not a new tractor. :D

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

WHX??
4 minutes ago, JoeM said:

The local WH dealer always tried to sell me new ones when I would stop in and get a part. I would tell him I need a belt not a new tractor. :D

Lordy if that don't sound familiar Joe when I went to try and get parts for a '67 from a dealer ... usual response was you want what?!?!? 

• Like 3

Achto

I'm in. Very much want to see the transformation.

• Like 4

WHX??

Not an LSE fan but respect the model.

I'll get in too ... you got your work cut out for you Soda. Good luck and need stupid advice... :)

• Like 3

c-series don

Makes me wonder how some of these LSE’s could get neglected? I mean they were not cheap by any stretch of the imagination in 1986. Also they are some of the nicest garden tractors ever built by any manufacturer. Some people bought them and put them to work and I totally understand that too! I’m happy to see this one getting some well deserved attention! 

• Like 7
  • Heart 2

Sodaking27

Little more disassembling completed.

IMG_0933.jpeg.52d08998bef004d63408d9857f3987cb.jpeg

IMG_0934.jpeg.ce1ceff3e72dae41b068e743b3b4d5d8.jpeg

IMG_0935.jpeg.9857b3f8ebb94a980543a6135405cd21.jpeg

Edited by Sodaking27
  • Like 8

ri702bill

Wasn't sure to hit the thumbs up icon or the sad... I think the sad is over - time to bring it on !!! :thumbs2:

• Like 4

whtractors24
On 5/22/2023 at 2:29 PM, Sodaking27 said:

Little more disassembling completed.

IMG_0933.jpeg.52d08998bef004d63408d9857f3987cb.jpeg

IMG_0934.jpeg.ce1ceff3e72dae41b068e743b3b4d5d8.jpeg

IMG_0935.jpeg.9857b3f8ebb94a980543a6135405cd21.jpeg

What number is it ?

• Like 2

Sodaking27
17 hours ago, whtractors24 said:

What number is it ?

I don’t know. Nothing was ever engraved on the plate on the hood.

JCM

@Sodaking27   He's looking for the build # out of the 200 that were built. That number along with the model serial # would be on the front lip of the rear fender, a small black and white label between your legs if you were sitting on it. The plate on the hood was left blank for the original owner to mail back with the info on a card that was supplied with the paperwork when new to have it engraved .

• Like 1

Sodaking27
28 minutes ago, JCM said:

@Sodaking27   He's looking for the build # out of the 200 that were built. That number along with the model serial # would be on the front lip of the rear fender, a small black and white label between your legs if you were sitting on it. The plate on the hood was left blank for the original owner to mail back with the info on a card that was supplied with the paperwork when new to have it engraved .

@JCM  Thanks for the info. Unfortunately since this tractor set it’s whole life setting outside, the only thing left of that sticker is a piece of white about 1/2 inch in size.

• Like 1

JCM

That's Okay. You have one and will enjoy both working on it and bringing a little bit of WH history back.  :auto-layrubber:

• Excellent 3