Pullstart

Da’ Burbs

oliver2-44

Based on the hoods the first 2 look like 551’s. Do they have Tecumseh HB55 electric start engines. The 3rd is a 400 or 550.   Not sure on the 4th one. 
I love that model Panzer.  I have one like it to restore. Is it painted blue metallic?  Does it have a Briggs or Kohler engine?

Edited by oliver2-44
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Achto

Nice Haul !!

But

So  Umm. :confusion-confused: What's the Case with that Power Red & Desert Sunset one?? :D

• Haha 3

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                                                        :woohoo:

So,   :confusion-confused:   the pictures of the GT-14 tiller and the Pond walk-behind were just posted to throw us off. :handgestures-thumbupright:   Your actual purpose was to move to the Suburbs.

• Haha 6

ri702bill

Just looking at the "Party Barge" boat trailer - how many Roasters ya think Kevin could fit on that?? (without the boat...) :lol:

Good score. I acquired the same seat as the middle one along the way - great support but way tooo cold in the winter!!

P1010325.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
7 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

Based on the hoods the first 2 look like 551’s. Do they have Tecumseh HB55 electric start engines. The 3rd is a 400 or 550.   Not sure on the 4th one. 
I love that model Panzer.  I have one like it to restore. Is it painted blue metallic?  Does it have a Briggs or Kohler engine?

I think you are spot on on all your observations.  There are two Tecky electric start Burbs and one Kohler.  The ‘60 has had some hard repairs done to the right side of the three piece transmission and I consider that side/tube junk.  I’ll either be looking for another transmission, or transfer all the goods from that one to the parts ‘61 for the time being.  

The Panzer has been repainted.  I found a couple scratches where the sea green is poking through.  It’s got a K-181 in it.

• Like 3

Pullstart
31 minutes ago, Achto said:

Nice Haul !!

But

So  Umm. :confusion-confused: What's the Case with that Power Red & Desert Sunset one?? :D

Funny pun there Dan!  That’s “Justin”.  Justin Case.  Those colors will stay.  The front wheels had calcium chloride and are pretty trashy.  They’ll either need extensive repairs or replacement.  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Wild Bill 633

The one with rear steel wheels and shaft collars as front wheels is very interesting. LOL.

Honestly. Nice haul.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pullstart
19 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:                                                        :woohoo:

So,   :confusion-confused:   the pictures of the GT-14 tiller and the Pond walk-behind were just posted to throw us off. :handgestures-thumbupright:   Your actual purpose was to move to the Suburbs.

Those were Tom and Jeremi’s and I was hauling them to Uncle Jim’s for exchange.  I grabbed Sylvia’s :scared-shocked: scoot from WI and kept truckin’ with Mrs. P. To ND and back.  We left at 4 pm on Sunday and got home at 6pm yesterday.  I’d say it was a quick trip, but we kind of lally gagged on the way home yesterday!

• Like 5

oliver2-44
22 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

The ‘60 has had some hard repairs done to the right side of the three piece transmission and I consider that side/tube junk.  I’ll either be looking for another transmission, or transfer all the goods from that one to the parts ‘61 for the time being.  

I may have an extra side plate.  If your interested I can dig through my parts pile. 

25 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

The front wheels had calcium chloride and are pretty trashy.  They’ll either need extensive repairs or replacement.  

E Tank and JB Weld are your friend. I’ve also used some thin model boat fiberglass cloth in JB Weld to repair larger holes in some  David Bradley rims. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
31 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

I may have an extra side plate.  If your interested I can dig through my parts pile. 

E Tank and JB Weld are your friend. I’ve also used some thin model boat fiberglass cloth in JB Weld to repair larger holes in some  David Bradley rims. 

I definitely thought about your front wheels when I saw these ones.  They are savable, it’s just how bad do I want ‘em!?

If you have time, I am not sure when I’ll get to these but would love to have a square side plate.  I figured I’d search around at the Big Show too!

• Like 1

clueless

Looks like 3 '61 models and a '60 model. The battery on the Panzer is it a side post because if it's a top post and I sat my fat a** on the seat, you get the picture. Well worth the 1800 mile trip, let me know when you ready to make another 1800 mile run, no big hurry. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

RandyLittrell

I really like the Case themed tractor, the colors really work! Glad you are gonna leave it!!

Randy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
14 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

I really like the Case themed tractor, the colors really work! Glad you are gonna leave it!!

Randy

My issue right now, is what repairs need to be done, and how to keep it looking like it does.  I.E. the wheels that need repair or replacement, or if/when that Tecky gives up the ghost…

Patina tractors with shiny wheels are always an option however.

• Like 4

The Freightliner Guy
12 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Big trip under Norman’s belt this last weekend.  Something like 1,840 miles we ran, to ND and home.

I need to figure all these out, but I believe a 400 and some 551s.

These are the pictures that got me interested.  The Panzer is something else!

908DDCE0-DF97-4490-AAAC-B05D158BB324.jpeg

51F461F8-EC95-4195-B5F9-C7A2172F1EE5.jpeg

EA0C608F-C425-47DE-A80C-13144FD73792.jpeg

sooooo mannny round hoods :wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

• Like 8

WHGuy413

Wow what a haul! I love them all even that panzer. My buddy got out of wheel horses and started going after panzers. Worked out for me cause I traded some steel I had for his RJ58. I’m gonna need to build a deck like yours if Alex keeps buying tractors. Our first shows in a little over a week and he’s already got a full trailer load just himself.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Justin’s a runner!

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart

Just kidding!  :eusa-doh:

I lost spark.  The flywheel cooling fan looks like it’s seen better days.  I figured I’d check points and go from there..

Luckily, loosening the hood gets me plenty of access for the hard to reach stuff, and the family out garage saling  keeps the campground somewhat quiet for me to work :lol:

F9B628C5-1F6C-40E1-AC0E-E7748D9A49DC.jpeg

D90C53BA-DEF8-42A2-9296-BA9C8680EDE0.jpeg

• Like 1

Pullstart

We have pig ribs and stuffed pork loins on the smoker today, cornhole and festivities.  Happy Memorial Weekend!  Justin is mostly back together and fired up with freshly filed and adjusted points.  Good to go!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Wheel-N-It
31 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

We have pig ribs and stuffed pork loins on the smoker today, cornhole and festivities.  Happy Memorial Weekend!  Justin is mostly back together and fired up with freshly filed and adjusted points.  Good to go!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to you and your family Kevin :flags-waveusa:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Streetrodchev

I believe that the Panzer is a T75

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
26 minutes ago, Streetrodchev said:

I believe that the Panzer is a T75

Here is a thread on that one, I believe it has been identified as a T758es.  I still don’t know all the rules that apply to that one, but it’s cool!

• Like 1

Pullstart

After driving Just around, I come to the conclusion that it needs a drive belt.  It doesn’t quite stop well enough to shift smooth every time, and I have a good guess it’s been sitting long enough, it doesn’t care to slack when the pedal is depressed.

Tractor drive belt for 401 and 551 #1569 - (4L x 28.95" or 1/2" x 28.95")