RED-Z06

416-H no start.

RED-Z06

1993 model, has been melting fuses on the charge circuit for months because the contacts were burnt...this morning it got bad enough i cold see it arcing on the fuse so i lifted the fuse block up, snipped both wires off and added in a new fuse.  Now..no start.

My big white connector has been removed and individual bullet connections used..these all have continuity.  Key on..1st relay clicks and my accessories work.  Turn to start..the start relay clicks..but nothing happens.  I have power through the ignition switch...i have no power at the solenoid or back near the dash at the bullet connector.  I have replaced the relay.

My next step is to apply Power manually at the relay plug

post-2221-0-71815200-1426299555.png

RED-Z06

Got a possibility...when i pulled the rotten fuse block up all i could see on that fuse was 2 wires, both cooked...i put them together but im thinking, there has to be a hot wire somewhere in there...either burned back or something else 

RED-Z06

After 4 hours...figured it out.  The fuse block has a hot bar for that fuse shared with the middle fuse, but not an actual hot wire.  I put a terminal on some 12ga wire to the battery, ran it down to a new fuse holder and then to the 2 white wires.  Fired right up 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

The problem sounds like the fuse holders were corroded and developing a lot of resistance causing heat and excess current flow. Wish :wh: hadn't located the fuses so close to the battery.

RED-Z06
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

The problem sounds like the fuse holders were corroded and developing a lot of resistance causing heat and excess current flow. Wish :wh: hadn't located the fuses so close to the battery.

That whole setup was a mess, fuse block between the battery and head, main connector buried under the battery, harness smashed behind the dash plate...not one millimeter of excess wire on anything 

• Like 1