ScottM414

414-8 Circuit Board - Can it prevent engine from starting?

ScottM414

Hello - I have an 86 WH-414-8 Model 31-14K801 that's not getting spark. Tested seat switch, PTO switches, replaced ignition switch, coil (probably didn't need to), plug, wire and still no spark and ignition switch doesn't crank the engine. I cleaned and greased (dialectic) ignition switch and terminals before installing. I can't find the clutch safety switch and it looks like it may have been bypassed. End of last season I was always able to start the engine by jumping the solenoid, this year, nothing. Engine cranks, but no spark. The PTO switches have alot of play in the actual lever part of both switches, but seem to test good with multimeter. I did order replacement PTO switches and seat switch. ** I noticed the micro test switch was fried at one of the terminals, so disconnected and taped up the ends. Would the micro switch and/or circuit board part number 115207 have issues that would prevent spark? I ordered a 6 pin micro switch to repair it assuming I can use 4 of the 6 pins. Circuit board is pricy at 100 bucks! Any help is greatly appreciated!

gwest_ca

The circuit board has nothing to do with the engine operation. It simply monitors the safety switch functions.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

953 nut

:WRS:

Have you cleaned the fuse holders? They are very subject to corrosion.

1980515257_1electrical.jpg.74b81af2519b30a9f89bac4883b698f2.jpg

• Like 1