"Manic-Mechanic"

Snapper/Massey 1650A Lower Lift Link 526 704 M92

"Manic-Mechanic"

I have been in search of alternative lower lift links for this cat 0 3pt.

The Wheel Horse Finish Mower is an implement that I do want to be able an run on this tractor.

I have found a source for the Wheel Horse Lower Lift Link Assembly 104673

Backside.jpg.03577431ecc4b837e1956f667c60736f.jpg

Even tho' the parts drawing shows these ball ends as pictured, seems as though they were repaired616392142_526704M92.png.226baacb8c2c61ad33381ed6cfb69ed2.png

Goes to show, all cat 0 may not be interchangeable from factory

2069030132_Rightside.jpg.77e075f671b8133ad1f6a79d0f65990e.jpg

I just can't understand why this is? Proprietary..

183238699_Leftside.jpg.de5d2c5de9a983e36eb4f48f39c09c91.jpg

So close!

Left1714444906_FinishMowertoSnapper.jpg.c950fe913525d2f1779c2ede0126dc31.jpg

I thought at first these 5/8th's Ball Ends must have been replaced, however, then I glanced at the Snapper parts manual Not modifying the Finish Mower, that's for sure!

The Wheel Horse Links will solve this...

Edited by "Manic-Mechanic"
  • Like 1

oliver2-44

How/why don’t the arms pictured work. I’m not familiar with the snappers but some original arms just had holes in them. I could see where someone would want to weld ball ends on them. 

• Like 1

"Manic-Mechanic"
19 minutes ago, oliver2-44 said:

How/why don’t the arms pictured work. I’m not familiar with the snappers but some original arms just had holes in them. I could see where someone would want to weld ball ends on them. 

They hit the the weldment preventing the pins to seat in the ball end. The Snapper parts drawing above does depict the ball end. I have researched that and these are factory.The lift  links on Cub Cadet Super Cub and John Deere 318 Cat 0 are also very short at the ball. The Wheel Horse finish Mower may be proprietary? The Rototiller is not a problem tho'.

Edited by "Manic-Mechanic"

ol550

Might be the picture,looks like the lift arms are bent or twisted.

pfrederi

Probably not the case with a lightly used Garden tractor but well used big tractors the ball sockets in the lift arm wear out over time.  Repair is to cut it off and weld on a replacement ball and socket unit.

Also the WH 3pt finish mower was made by Woods.  if you ever need spindle and or deck parts Woods use the same stuff in a lot of mowers...

Edited by pfrederi

"Manic-Mechanic"
9 hours ago, pfrederi said:

Probably not the case with a lightly used Garden tractor but well used big tractors the ball sockets in the lift arm wear out over time.  Repair is to cut it off and weld on a replacement ball and socket unit.

Also the WH 3pt finish mower was made by Woods.  if you ever need spindle and or deck parts Woods use the same stuff in a lot of mowers...

Woods RL59 Side Shields & Belt, so far, hopefully won't need anything else anytime soon!