Geoff Cornwall

81-16k801

Geoff Cornwall

Hi all , i have  managed to get hold of a c161 , it requires some work , but i have had it running and driving , i also have got a plough that i intend to attach to it . I will need to fit a rockshaft kit but i cant see any holes to fit one . Can anyone tell me where the holes should  be ?  I have sent an email to wheel horse parts and more regarding  a new kit for it . And i am probably jumping the gun because it needs a rewire , some axle  seals , fluid change , and im sure i will find a host of other things . I will try to take some pics and post up over the weekend , thanks for and info you can give . Geoff . 

• Like 3

953 nut

:WRS:

There should be a rock shaft attached to the lift arm if a manual lift or the hydraulic cylinder if it is a hydraulic lift.

1284044151_rockshaft1.jpg.7994e4d5d49aa5f40a4beeb49fc1f811.jpg

• Excellent 1

gwest_ca

Perhaps the rock shaft under the seat?

• Like 1

Geoff Cornwall

Thank you for the replies so far , i think i may have posted in the wrong section . I am not good with technology ! I am thinking i may have used the wrong term as well . I think we use different spellings for plough ? I am hoping to use a mould  board plough for starting a veg patch . Im off outside to take a couple of pictures and will try my best to post them up ! 

Geoff Cornwall

E1A21615-E07F-416A-B486-8AFBB95DF8BC.jpeg

B94B5C88-3458-4CAB-8878-B5E3094C4979.jpeg

C78BFCBA-D9A0-40F0-AD3A-158D5B7C4EB0.jpeg

• Like 2

gwest_ca

• Like 2

Stormin

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:Geoff. Bit far off to be of much help, but that plough fits a slot hitch. Any idea what it's off?

Geoff Cornwall

Hi Stormin , I have no idea , there are no markings on it as far as i can see , its quite heavy . Those slot hitches are rare as hens teeth on this side of the pond , almost no chance in my budget ! My younger daughters partner made a brinly style hitch and an adaptor to bolt to it but ive no real idea about any of it really ! 

Geoff Cornwall

Hi Stormin, ive been googling around for a slot hitch but not much luck so far . Then i came across an old post on red square that you have made some , Do you sell these ? Or would you be kind enough to share your plans with me ? I may be able to make one . Unfortunately i have never seen one so i cant get dimentions myself . Thank you , Geoff . 

Wheelhorse hoarder

Hi Geoff, good to see my old 161 is still going. Yes for that plow you will need a slot hitch or you could bodge it by bolting it to your current sleeve hitch that you have. I have tried this before and if you do the bolt up tight enough then if will work quite well. 

Edited by Wheelhorse hoarder

Geoff Cornwall

Hi wheelhorse hoarder , ive done a bit of work to it , a rewire , new carb , its got ag tyres now , it runs sweet as a nut , im well pleased with it . Hoping to either get a slot hitch , or have a go at making one . The plough need a bit of work as well , im sure i will get there ! Geoff 

• Excellent 1

Stormin

Hi Geoff. I don't have any plans for the slot hitch. I copied one. I only made four. Two were sold. Two I've kept for myself. I'll take some measurements and do a drawing. Just give me a little time.

• Like 2

Stormin

Couple of rough drawings and I do mean rough. Hope they will be of help.P1040447.JPG.dc0273500ec9aa0cbdea436c145587c4.JPG

P1040448.JPG.17bd785150da28900e39f2e4df1459ba.JPG

Geoff Cornwall

Stormin , thank you so much , absolutely spot on , i will give it a go and let you know how i get on . 

Geoff Cornwall

Thought i would thank Stormin for the drawings for the slot hitch , i have had a go at making one . Next i have to find a rock shaft kit , thought id found one in the uk but it hasnt worked out this time . 

E319E03F-83BD-4C9D-B0EC-D52A1BCDE239.jpeg

674BD740-6565-4F39-8C8A-2066B34EB950.jpeg

• Like 3