Tonytoro416

Raider Rebuild

Tonytoro416

Been a good while since I posted anything on this tractor.  We have still be picking at it most nights after work and whenever we can. Progress seemed to get slow but we are for sure getting there now.  Have it most all out together.  Just have fender and hood to paint and put on and some decals. 
The last picture I thought you guys might find interesting and explains why this tractor had incorrect frame when we started taking it apart.  Here is a picture of me on this tractor. My best guess is grandpa had a lawn ranger around when he dug the raider out of the fire so he put 6 speed in the lawn ranger along with bigger tires and wheels front and rear. I assume he blew up the small engine and then that’s when the hood was taken off to make room for the big Wisconsin. You guys ever see a 6 speed lawn ranger lol.  Grandpa was creating stuff long ago.  That picture was roughly 30 years ago 

A9C08370-604D-4F50-9641-2FE4F686CDE4.jpeg

C978F746-866C-415C-AD83-4CAA91EDEF72.jpeg

CFA11EAB-3618-4E31-BB4F-CCA8327F0CDF.jpeg

5583D4E0-8D47-4838-ADC3-CC9ECE7A2F52.jpeg

58AA2BA2-1676-415F-9449-23EC34C801CB.jpeg

A6308AD2-5712-4D06-AD30-37C76D55A9EA.jpeg

65F6CEEA-DC67-4584-8585-B5233E0917D4.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 5

jhn9840

Very nice job on restoring your Grandpa’s tractor. I like your ramp/stand that it is on. Can’t seem to tell from the picture how you raise and lower it.

jhn9840

John

Pullstart

It’s looking great!

• Like 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, Pullstart said:

It’s looking great!

:text-yeahthat:

Tonytoro416
10 hours ago, jhn9840 said:

Very nice job on restoring your Grandpa’s tractor. I like your ramp/stand that it is on. Can’t seem to tell from the picture how you raise and lower it.

jhn9840

John

It’s a fixed height   Use arched ramps to get tractors off and on. I like them a lot so far 

Tonytoro416

Here is is guys the raider is mostly finished. Few things to tidy up here and there. Few things I don’t like that I will revisit. This rebuild was something guys I’m not going to lie.  Learned a lot about this tractor. Completely went through and rebuilt the six speed was a journey on its own. Couldn’t have done it without you guys on this forum. The tractor has been in my family since the mid to late 70s and I don’t plan on it going anywhere anytime soon.  Keep a look out next tractor on my list was also my grandpas. The 953.  Per usual it needs a lot but it’s next and deserves it’s refresh.  Thanks again guys it means more than you will ever know

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0570.jpeg

• Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

gt14rider

Looking good.  Nice work :USA:

• Like 1

Tonytoro416

Thank you sir

• Like 1

ebinmaine
11 hours ago, Tonytoro416 said:

This rebuild was something

You've done great justice to that rig and you should be proud of it. 

Trina and I have done 4 full frame off complete restorations. Several "refreshes". 

I'd say it takes at LEAST 250 - 300 hours to really dive in and do one right. 

Every. Minute. Is. Worth it. 

Keep up the great work. 

We'll be looking forward to your next build for sure. 

Tonytoro416

Thanks Eric 

• Like 1