Bob Bauer

How to hook up a voltage gauge to a 702

Bob Bauer

Taking out my amp gauge and needing some help on how to hook up a voltage gauge.Thanks 

11D6455B-6421-439D-8081-09DF7A99F0A4.png

• Like 1

ri702bill

This was addressed recently showing the rerouted wiring. Search adding a volt meter.....  :text-welcomeconfetti:

Pictures of the 702???

Edited by ri702bill

Achto
3 hours ago, Bob Bauer said:

how to hook up a voltage gauge

:WRS:

Good to have a fellow cheese head.

The "+" side volt meter will get wired to the ignition switch on the same terminal that powers up the ignition coil. The "-" side of the volt meter to ground. Spice the two wire that were connected to the amp meter together.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1

Bob Bauer

Thank you fellow cheese head.😂so splice the - from gauge to the two wires that were on the amp gauge so there will be 3 wires spliced together?sorry I suck at wiring.

• Like 1

WHX??

How many wires get tied together depends on what a PO might have did. These tractors one never knows what was done. That said it's hard for us to tell you without us eyeballing it. 

36 minutes ago, Bob Bauer said:

I suck at wiring.

I'm a pro at it and 2nd nature  to @Achto as well so hang with us. 

What Dan is trying to tell you is remove the Amp gauge & tie the two wires that are on it together. Don't tie the wire to the connections from the voltmeter to them  but locate the wire that goes to from the ignition switch to the coil and put the + wire from the voltmeter to that. Ground the the other side of the voltmeter.  

My bad...:WRS:

Seems you are just the other side of Westfield. You want it wired right bring it over to one of our shops for a pro job. We are just to the east. Will cost you a big bottle of Captain Morgan's tho... :lol:

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Bob Bauer

Thank you I appreciate it. I did rewire the whole tractor and went exactly to the electrical drawing I posted.

Edited by Bob Bauer
  • Like 1

Achto
1 hour ago, Bob Bauer said:

so splice the - from gauge to the two wires that were on the amp gauge so there will be 3 wires spliced together

No, sorry I did not finish my sentence:(. "-" side of the volt meter to ground. splice the two wires that were on the amp meter together.

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1

Bob Bauer
14 hours ago, WHX?? said:

How many wires get tied together depends on what a PO might have did. These tractors one never knows what was done. That said it's hard for us to tell you without us eyeballing it. 

I'm a pro at it and 2nd nature  to @Achto as well so hang with us. 

What Dan is trying to tell you is remove the Amp gauge & tie the two wires that are on it together. Don't tie the wire to the connections from the voltmeter to them  but locate the wire that goes to from the ignition switch to the coil and put the + wire from the voltmeter to that. Ground the the other side of the voltmeter.  

My bad...:WRS:

Seems you are just the other side of Westfield. You want it wired right bring it over to one of our shops for a pro job. We are just to the east. Will cost you a big bottle of Captain Morgan's tho... :lol:

• Like 1

Bob Bauer

Awesome 

• Like 1

Bob Bauer

How far is your shop from Grand Marsh ?

• Like 1