rj24

eaton 1100 hydro pump hydro filter

rj24

ok I know this has been talked about a lot but as the time changing not for the best I just want to let y'all know that there is a nother filter that can use and not a Wix 1410 but a JD at haf the price I have been using them for about 4 years now and never had any probulme with the JD hydro filter they seem to work better then a wix but letting you know coz a wix 1410 is now $23 out the door and JD is $10 and we all know soon there be no more parts out there is we dont start finding other parts that fits what we have. and to me the JD looks to flow better then the wix you can see that in the pic. so to end this all I am not made out of money and these time $23 is a lot of money to me.                                                                                                                                                                    PS love how people get so mad when I use other parts on other treaters 

337151039_2154310691433221_1805168108916248224_n.jpg.f10119405661827012087496c84c5285.jpg337397961_215813161033253_2737515580420432885_n.jpg.55dc943557a48fbe1100dd5fa790a7c6.jpg337369808_3591681607780947_7459866774444814333_n.jpg.43b5422a2af9e141087e7b7fd329b6f9.jpg

Edited by rj24
  • Like 4

squonk

I'd be leery of anything labeled JD and being cheap. And how do you know "they work better"? I'd like to see that filter cut open to see what's inside of it. 

• Like 3

TonyToro Jr.

:text-yeahthat:

rj24

here's your prof there is nothing different between them they are the same thing. just cuz JD slap's there name on it dont make it any different so stop being so picky about thing and open up and look around you and look at things there is no one off part for one thing its all the same 

336899149_590807546432001_6779436281534638228_n.jpg

• Like 2

squonk

So the JD filter has a crappy tin spring inside and the 1410 has a real spring but the are "exactly the same"  Got it. :rolleyes:

Yes the spring is not worth 10 bucks :lol:

rj24

well who gives a crap ok the filter works and has been working for over 5 years for me and I am just letting other know there is other filter out there they can get not everyone wants to thow money on junk crap like a wix 1410 when JD has been making the same filter from the 70's when they came out with the SunStran 15u pump so ya someone like you is there reson people get ride of there traters cuz they dont want to over pay for crap  and by the way you are part that gets so upset when people use other parts if you dont like it dont say a thing and walk away 

Edited by rj24
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

oldlineman

Basically, John Deere has no single manufacturer company for making their oil filters. Rather, several companies handle this from time to time. FRAM, Donaldson. Chevron, Purolator, Fleetguard, and also some other companies have made John Deere filters till now.WIX oil filters are manufactured by a company called WIX. They are based in the United States and have been in business for over 60 years. They make oil filters for a variety of different vehicles, including cars, trucks, SUVs, and motorcycles. While they are a reliable company, there have been some reports of problems with their products. If you are thinking about using a WIX oil filter, be sure to do your research and read reviews before you buy.

Edited by oldlineman
  • Like 2

953 nut
13 hours ago, rj24 said:

well who gives a crap ok the filter works and has been working for over 5 years for me and I am just letting other know there is other filter out there they can get not everyone wants to thow money on junk crap like a wix 1410 when JD has been making the same filter from the 70's when they came out with the SunStran 15u pump so ya someone like you is there reson people get ride of there traters cuz they dont want to over pay for crap  and by the way you are part that gets so upset when people use other parts if you dont like it dont say a thing and walk away 

If you will take a look at the majority of posts on this website you will find that most dissenting .points of view are presented in an adult respectful manner. If you are having a bad day I hope it improves and tomorrow is a much better day for you.           :)

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

daveoman1966

This debate can...and will...go on and on forever.  I'm sticking with the age-old motto: "Ya get what ya pay for".  Hasn't let me down in 60+ years. 

Edited by daveoman1966
  • Excellent 1

rj24

no its not that I am just trying to pass the word out to other cuz I seen on FB someone asked about this filter and like he said thats getting out of hand WIX 1410 $23 and I told him that JD has the same one for 1/2 price and it works good and people like this guy here gest so upset when people like me try to pass on thing so other people can get a saving instead of thawing there money out the door. back in the days wix was $10 that was not bad at all but the price was going up and up so I stoped changing the hydro every year and just changed it when I could thow out the money out the door cuz the oil I use is not cheep and then add the wix on top my god lucas oil $10 a qt. by a case of that at $60 then $23 filter ya thats getting out of hand so I am not up set just so done with people that tells other there is only one way and you got to do it that way, thats part of why I dont post here or give input cuz of people like him so to me its better to stay quite and not say a word  

• Like 1

J854D

From my days in the auto parts business, I witnessed first hand that Wix filters are the best filter far and away over any others. We held an annual Wix sales event at the store I worked at where a factory rep would come & set up a display. He was very knowledgeable about his products. We learned a lot from him about Wix filters. And the rep was always eager to cut open filters for comparison. The real difference between the Wix & John Deere filters will be in the type and amount of the filter’s media. You could cut apart the filter material and stretch it out to compare the amount between the two of them. Good chance the Wix filter will have more of a better media. Which means it will work better & last longer. It just makes sense to spend your money on the best filter you can get in order to get the most out of the good Lucas oil that you are using. -JD-

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

rmaynard

I think that before this thread gets out of hand, we all need to go out and get a breath of fresh air. :lol:

• Excellent 1

rj24

J854D you got a good point but at the end of the day dose maybe 10 less make a hydro filter worth $23 out the door when at the end your changing the hydro oil more cuz the Eaton 1100 use 10w-30 and not hydro oil cuz my 84 work horse GT-1800 gets 3 oil changes done a year on the hydro cuz of the amount of work it dose cuz engine oil is not like hydro oil that can go for years and with lucas oil I run that in my car so I buy it balk all the time. 

• Like 1

lynnmor

Since I pay for internet service, I actually search for the best prices.  The last time I bought WIX hydraulic filters I paid less than $10 each, and a quick check showed that they are still less than $10.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
4 hours ago, lynnmor said:

I actually search for the best prices.

:text-yeahthat:              About $ 10.00 each.  

787708943_Screenshot(119).png.72d078c2cd963b4f815ca43b037379fc.png

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

rj24

ya but when I need stuff I support my town and if I can I get it it off line 

• Like 1

rj24

ok so case closed I just letting other know there is a better things out there and if they want it now they can got to a JD place cuz there is one on every streat corner and get it for $10 and not have to with a week or 2 to come in not everyone is stuck up they just want it to work

and get the job done 

• Like 1

rj24
15 hours ago, oldlineman said:

Basically, John Deere has no single manufacturer company for making their oil filters. Rather, several companies handle this from time to time. FRAM, Donaldson. Chevron, Purolator, Fleetguard, and also some other companies have made John Deere filters till now.WIX oil filters are manufactured by a company called WIX. They are based in the United States and have been in business for over 60 years. They make oil filters for a variety of different vehicles, including cars, trucks, SUVs, and motorcycles. While they are a reliable company, there have been some reports of problems with their products. If you are thinking about using a WIX oil filter, be sure to do your research and read reviews before you buy.

thats my point right there dont matter who it if they are all the same wix has a higher PSI bypassing vale and JD had a lower one thats the only different in them 2, WIX is a true hydro filter and the JD is a hybi car oil filter/hydro  and from what my work hores GT-1800 has show me it likes the lower PSI bypassing vale I have ran WIX for years cuz I never know there was other filter out there I have all way went by what others say ONLY RUN WIX ON YOU EATON now I am like who care's money dont grow on treess anymore theres got to be a better way and cheeper to, I run a fleet of Tracters and they all working they dont sit my a heated shop like a show queen there out in all tips of wether working like they should so yes cheeper filter help out a lot 

• Like 1

kpinnc

@rj24

I think it's great that you are aware of the need for a filter on your machine. Most folks these days think when it breaks, it's time to replace. They can't define the word "service"- in more ways than one, but that is for another thread... :rolleyes:

Much like oil in an engine- old oil is better than no oil. Regularly servicing with a correct hydraulic filter is great. Far better than so many machines I've picked up with the original filter on it from 1971.

I use WIX filters on everything. Sometimes, they are not in stock and I am forced to use another brand for this range of hours until the next service. I've never damaged a machine this way that I'm aware of.

Point being- If WIX are hard to find, I'm glad you still service the transmission. Use the highest quality filter you can get at the time and enjoy the tractor. :thumbs:

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 3

rj24
4 hours ago, kpinnc said:

@rj24

I think it's great that you are aware of the need for a filter on your machine. Most folks these days think when it breaks, it's time to replace. They can't define the word "service"- in more ways than one, but that is for another thread... :rolleyes:

Much like oil in an engine- old oil is better than no oil. Regularly servicing with a correct hydraulic filter is great. Far better than so many machines I've picked up with the original filter on it from 1971.

I use WIX filters on everything. Sometimes, they are not in stock and I am forced to use another brand for this range of hours until the next service. I've never damaged a machine this way that I'm aware of.

Point being- If WIX are hard to find, I'm glad you still service the transmission. Use the highest quality filter you can get at the time and enjoy the tractor. :thumbs:

see that was my point to help other out there cuz most of us never new about other filter for this hydros and I was told on this forum about 10 years ago only use wix filter on your hydro and nothen other then a wix and well time is moving away from gass and going EV and well things are getting harder for me thats when i relive I have been bulid into there way of working 

• Like 1

19richie66

Hydro oil or engine oil, will last longer because there is no combustion going on in the hydraulic system. Way less contaminants in a hydraulic system unless you have a major internal issue or run your equipment with no oil caps. My stuff gets used and are not show/trailer queens. If you use a good quality oil and a good filter, you are set. Don’t get me wrong….. I’m cheap. I have no problems with finding cheaper alternatives but not everyone changes their hydraulic oil three times a year. If it works for you, thats great. 

Let’s see…

5quarts of oil @ $10 a qt = $50 x 3 times a year =$150

JD oil filter @$10 each 3 times a year =$30 giving us a grand total of $180 a year for oil changes. 

Wix 1410 @$20 

5qts of 10W30 @ $35 for a total of $55 a year for oil changes. I don’t mind that extra $10 :handgestures-thumbupright:

An Eaton 1100 and a Sunstrand hydro pump are two totally different animals. Also, there  is no bypass in a Wix 1410. 

0125DA1C-F5DC-4643-B322-DDF4970B69DA.jpeg

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dcrage

Isn’t the “NO by-pass valve” the important feature on our hydro transmission filters?

• Like 2

squonk
30 minutes ago, dcrage said:

Isn’t the “NO by-pass valve” the important feature on our hydro transmission filters?

Yes. And I have 2 stores within 5 miles of my house that sell the "hard to get "  Wix/Napa filter. The closest "on every corner"  JD Dealer is 20 miles away. :lol: