tallen4392

charger 12. not charging

tallen4392

using my charger 12 for snow removal yesterday after 1/2 hour or so died no power starts with a jump only putting out 10.9 volts at the battery should i start with a new regulator?? all the connections seem good ..

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Do you have belt driven starter/generator or the Bendix starter with flywheel charging stator?

Model and serial of the tractor may help.

• Like 1

pfrederi

Going to assume Bendix as that is what most Chargers had.

Have you load tested the battery how old is it.  So many electric problems here trace back to a bad battery.

Before you throw parts at it some testing may help.  Run a temp ground wire from the regulator body (fins) to the battery neg.  then run it.   Does battery voltage come up?  if so Bad ground for the regulator.

No go?? Disconnect 3 wire lug from the regulator Two wires will be white.  Start the engine run it a at least 3000 rpm.  Check for AC voltage between the two wires. Should be 30 volts AC or more.  If so and all your connections and grounds are good then probably time for a new regulator

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:

Also the third terminal on the regulator needs to have battery voltage when the Key is on. 

198248729_1electrical.jpg.3f0d92d3ee67e71ca76e9bceddd2abc9.jpg

Edited by 953 nut

tallen4392

Thanks I will look at it again in next few days more snow coming on saturday hopefully I can fix it by then......

• Like 1