Red Dart

Spindle shaft mower deck

Red Dart

On my mower deck 48" 5-1483 the center spindle shaft # 5875 along with lower needle bearing are ruined.

Does anyone have parts #10, 3, 4 or the whole spindle as shown on attached drawing?

IMG_4843.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

IMG_4845.jpg

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:         I may have these spindles.   I'll check some buckets tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Lane Ranger
4 hours ago, Red Dart said:

On my mower deck 48" 5-1483 the center spindle shaft # 5875 along with lower needle bearing are ruined.

Does anyone have parts #10, 3, 4 or the whole spindle as shown on attached drawing?

IMG_4843.jpg

IMG_4844.jpg

IMG_4845.jpg

I think those a like the 953/1054 58 inch mower deck spindles.

daveoman1966

These are the older 'Double D' spindle shafts taken from a Cast Iron spindle like 5-1483...as in your pic and schematic.  

The TOP ends...pulley end... are all good to go.  All flats on TOP are crisp...not worn.  

The LOWER end of shaft 'A' is worn...but not terrible like yours.  Pulley FLAT is 1-1/2"

The LOWER end of shaft 'B' is better...but not perfect.  Pulley FLAT is 7/8"

Threaded ends are all good too.  BOTH  are 6-1/4" full length.

$20 each... $30 for BOTH...  add $8 ship for either or both.  PAYPAL money as 'FRIENDS'  

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

• Like 1

daveoman1966

The lower bearing is #1508...  I likely have one and will include it for only $5 more.    

44 009.JPG

• Like 1

peter lena

@Red Dart  dare I  ask what kind of lubrication n / grease are you putting in those bearings ?  opportunity is the word , you are right there , hi heat / angular stress , makes those bearings fail / and get whiny noisy . lucas marine grease is available , look at the specs on it , use it on all related bearings , only a suggestion , pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

@oldlineman  having done this lubrication detailing  / building on all my , pto belt driven attachments , the ease of quiet operation is very different from the norm. you can easily  note the gain of  usage , no rusty , dry ,   attempted power hand off , of belt  , regularly slowly engage my pto lever , solid / smooth , mule drive is quiet / smooth , deck spins up with out , screaming clutch , and no hi pitched whining noise . look at every issue with a plan to make it go away , the difference of the neglect on a recently acquired horse , is staggering . the exact opposite to  my 3 horses . probably the last one I  will  help out , pete 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Red Dart

Pete, thankyou for the advice for type of grease lubricant

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1