peejo50

Overflow

peejo50

I replaced the oil and filter on my 312 Hydro in the fall (2022). All went well though it took a bit less oil than recommended. It operated fine and the fluid level was always on the mark. I just open the shed where it's kept and found oil coming out the top of the dipstick tube and onto the floor. If I was to guess, it's probably about 1/2 a cup. I took the dipstick out and the oil receded back down. I checked it after letting it set a while and found the level to be about halfway between full and add. I didn't have this occur the last time I did an oil change on the tranny. Anyone have any insight on this or is it just another weird thing on the list of weird things that happen to me?

• Like 3

TractorEd

:text-welcomeconfetti: To :rs:

• Like 1

lynnmor

:text-welcomeconfetti:

This incontinence happens all too often with some Wheel Horse Hydros, my theory is that extreme temperature changes is the largest cause.  Hopefully the oil level dropped to where it won't be a problem in the future, just don't bring it up to the full line.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the :rs:           No need to worry.   You just had the infamous Eaton 1100 burp.

• Like 4