CCW

Gas Cap Repair

CCW

Check the three photos.  First shows gas cap without plastic dome cover. Second displays a piece of plexiglass and plastic jar top with the center removed. Third is the planned assembly.  What I need is an adhesive that will glue the plastics together and is impervious to gasoline.  Any suggestions?

GasCap02.jpg

GasCap01.jpg

GasCap03.jpg

Edited by CCW
  • Like 1

ineedanother

I would probably go with epoxy or even consider superglue :hide: since either of those are likely best cleaned up with acetone. There may be better solutions but nothing else comes to mind :scratchead:

Skwerl58

JB Weld makes a plastic weld epoxy that works great on plastics. I used it on a radiator overflow and also on my atv plastic and it has held up for a couple of years. It also dries black.

• Like 1

gwest_ca

sa-1_0floz-cardedtube-US-300dpi-600x1120

• Like 2

pacer

In case this doesnt work out you can buy replacements on the bay. They are called 'Kelch' caps and come in many lengths. But if you need an 'eared' cap, they are harder to find, most are threaded. Last couple I got I just used a Dremel tool and ground the threads off.....

Of the 5-6 'Big D's' I've bought I dont remember a one that had a good cap, so I've bought several of them (IIRC the D cap is 9") One thing to remember is that - at least the ones I got - they are NOT vented.

Picture 1 of 1