Sign in to follow this  
hodge

Patience pays off!

hodge

Woohoo! I recently missed a 518-H for $75.00.

But, I was able to get a hold of a local trade paper as soon as it was delivered, and found a C-101, 8 speed, 48" deck, and all the original manuals, for $300. I took off at lunch and went to see it, and when I pulled up to the house, I knew that I had found something. People with nice houses tend to take care of things. In the garage, sat this pristine beauty (I pick it up tomorrow- photos will follow). I was ready to take it without even hearing it run. But, I refrained from such an impulse. He fired it up, and I took it around the yard for a few laps. It is tight, runs smooth, and the deck is whisper quiet. It is probably the nicest WH that I have purchased, to date. I can't wait to get it home.

Even the ammeter works! I think that is a first for me...

I didn't barter the price- he knew what he had, and that it was a deal for our area. Either way, it is definitely worth $300 to me. The nice 48" deck is worth that.

I am curious about how many calls he received today. I am glad I got the paper early!

Duff

Congratulations! Sounds like you got a terrific machine and a great deal! Can't wait for the pictures!

Duff :thumbs2:

hodge

I won't be able to sleep tonight!

I'm having flashbacks of trying to sleep on Christmas eve...

Is tomorrow here yet? It is, in the south pacific...

C-Series14

Got a good one! :thumbs2: I would like to find one like that at that price to leave over at Mom's house so I don't have to haul mine over there every week! Heck, she even might do the mowing!!! :thumbs:

HorseFixer

Congratulations on the nice find! :thumbs2:

WHC-125

Congratulations Hodge!

Great Find! Sounds like when I picked up my C-101 that had its own seperate 2 car garage for it, and the attachments that came with it. And when "Bill" and I got their he was so embarassed he had to go sit in his truck and when we left he said I stole it which I know I did because the price was great :thumbs2:

TJ

Nice find. :thumbs2:

can whlvr

Glad to hear that you got a really nice machine,i too just picked a c 101 that is really straight and clean. :thumbs2:

chamjack

:thumbs: first thing tomorrow! Will be waiting :thumbs2:

hodge

Sorry- I have to work tomorrow, and won't be able to get pics posted until I get home. So, get yourself a pepsi and some popcorn, and wait patiently.

Doubletrouble

Can't wait to see the pics! I to went through the same thing. A buddy of mine, his father was selling his old horse for $300. When I went to look at it I found out it also came with a snow blower and a plow blade( no frame to mount on the tractor though ) plus the 36" mower. Along with the '71 work horse in very good condition.I couldn't wait to pick it up the next day! Good luck. :thumbs2:

MikesRJ

:thumbs2: Outstanding, congrats! :thumbs:

Suburban 550

Nice find, Hodge. :thumbs2: Can't wait to see the pictures.

bo dawg

I too can't wait to see the pic's. Sounds like a great find :thumbs2:

Olratlr

Good Find and a great buy. :thumbs2:

whfan74

Sounds like you found yourself a really good deal there! :thumbs2: It is always nice to stumble upon a great machine that has been taken care of. That is such a bonus!

Well I am in the same boat as everyone else.........can't wait to see the pictures of the new beauty!

Good score!

hodge

Here she is. I just mowed with her, and the quality is impressive. I have some details to take care of, besides replacing the seat, but I am very excited to have found this one.

C101001.jpg

C101004.jpg

C101006.jpg

C101002.jpg

MikesRJ

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h205/br5...ent=C101001.jpg

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h205/br5...ent=C101004.jpg

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h205/br5...ent=C101006.jpg

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h205/br5...ent=C101002.jpg

Here she is. I just mowed with her, and the quality is impressive. I have some details to take care of, besides replacing the seat, but I am very excited to have found this one.

And you should be, she's a beauty. Just ripe for a refreshing on the paint and clean 'er up and she'll last a few decades. Nice score.

hodge

A few decades... She is 30 years old, and to find a JD at Lowes, with enough hp to pull a 48" deck, takes a $2100, 22 hp tractor- and what will it look like with 30 years of age on it? $300 is a steal, the way I look at the value...

HorseFixer

Yep after seeing the Pic's Hodge she is definitely a keeper! :thumbs2:

MikesRJ

A few decades... She is 30 years old, and to find a JD at Lowes, with enough hp to pull a 48" deck, takes a $2100, 22 hp tractor- and what will it look like with 30 years of age on it? $300 is a steal, the way I look at the value...

Let me rephrase that. Before you'll need to do a restore ........ You certainly got a great deal, no question there.

DrabHorse

Great deal there! Nice

fireman

Nice find! Easy restoration in that condition.

TT

I vote for a scrub & polish, Hodge.

It's not often that you find an original tractor nice enough to leave original. :thumbs2:

Suburban 550

You won't be sorry with that one, Hodge. :thumbs: Other than the seat, it sure looks great in the pictures. :thumbs2: