Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Forgot about the Bud Shootout

nylyon

With all this Wheel Horse excitement, I almost forgot to set a recording for the Bud Shootout on Saturday! What the heck am I thinking? Now I know Rod(NASNUT) cares, any other fans?

pond195520032003

Thanks for the reminder :thumbs::thumbs: have a few in my family and some friends that root for 88 formaly 8 :D

nylyon

I guess that Jr. and Hendrick have a lot of pressure on them this year. Personally, I like Jr, and hope he does well. Thought that whole thing with Thresa was just an ugly mess and glad he's out of there regardless of the last name.

Buzz

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but look what's being built 8 miles from my house. :thumbs:

http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/

Check out their schedule of events, going to be a busy place. Several of my retired buddies have applied for jobs around the track. Might be a plan in another year or two.......

nylyon

Where I grew up in NJ, there was a very small race track where they raced 3/4 midgets. The Pine Brook race way was a great place to go on a Friday night. Nothing like watching a TQ midget race around the track. Up here in NY, the closest I think it Middletown where they run a lot of Sprint (not the new series) cars. I haven't been there, but it's supposed to be nice. Lime Rock CT isn't too far either, had a friend who used to race Porsches

Love the small tracks, but Buzz, that one looks to be a big motor park!

Buzz

When I was growing up we had the old Vineland Speedway in town.

http://www.vineland.org/history/Vinelandspeedway/index.htm

Stock cars Friday nights, drag racing Saturdays, and Sundays either had sports car racing on the 1 1/2 mile road course or motorcycle racing on the 1/2 mile oval. My folks alway knew where I was on weekends. :thumbs:

pond195520032003

:thumbs: well he did it, # 88 is :D:thumbs: glad hes off to a great start!

nylyon

I was getting the feeling I was the only one... I am a Jr. fan, wasn't too happy he went with Hendrick, but maybe it was the right thing to do after all. I had the race recorded on my DVR, and it cut off with 16 laps to go :wtf: But on the Speed Channel got to see most of the end action. Nice to see Jr. have some team mates who will work with him (still don't care for Johnson or Gordon still)

What a way to start a season! :thumbs::thumbs::D :P

combatmp29r

Yep good show for the first race with Hendricks :thumbs: Now to win the big show :thumbs:

Rod(NASNUT)

:thumbs: Yes I do care nylyon and I did wach the race and am happy to see JR win I am always happy to see a Chevy win.

pond195520032003

Rod, herd that on the :thumbs: chevys :thumbs:

Brrly1

Can you guess who I used to stand behind? But since that other company come into the picture :thumbs:

DSC01966.jpg

DSC01972.jpg

All I can say is I am glad he's retiring,but it should have been at RYR

John

pond195520032003

John, i thought you were going to say #24 14_6_5.gif :thumbs:

TT

Sorry I can't get in on this topic, guys. I get dizzy watching the merry-go-round at the fair! :thumbs: :thumbs:

nylyon

Well I like Jr. despite the Chevy thing :thumbs:

For us, the big race is today! The Pack 119 Pine Wood Derby. Sean's entry this year is a Blue #48 (they were the ONLY stickers we could find) with highly polished axles and tires. I'll take some pictures to post a little later. Pre-race inspection is at noon, and the race is at 1, :thumbs: