stegs

picked up another horse. This makes #4

ebinmaine

NIIIIICE 👍👍👍

• Like 3

peter lena

@stegs  were you wearing a mask on that delivery ?  kidding , take advantage of what works , obviousely go over everything . lots of things I  would detail do ,  would especially  do the engine run in , for fuel and lubrication improvements . you did more than well , pete

• Like 4

stegs

Battery that came with it, doesnt seem to be taking a charge at all.

So on my lunch break ill stop and grab a new one. 

Hopefully when i get she will turn over and fire up

All the lights do work on it, even the "test" lights so im very hopefull a new battery is all it needs (besides some maintenance)

• Like 6

oliver2-44

Very Nice!

I'm always a little concerned about the engine when the air cleaner is missing and it has a mower deck on em.

• Like 3

Blasterdad

Give her a little shot of gas in a squirt bottle to prime it, once it fires up I keep squirting gas into the carb until the fuel pump primes & starts running on it's own.

( choke open. about 1/2 throttle )

IMG_0141.JPG.697dbeb25e677af49491d3de4ced89bd.JPG

• Like 5

peter lena

@stegs  drop that carb bowl , before your starting attempt , would also verify what you have for oil in it , if its down , just top it off , would just let it heat up on a fast idle , also use the pto lever  to enhance side thrust bearing lubrication . have a number of things I  do on a recovery . go slow at it , change the fuel filter  . lubricate the choke and throttle cables , good luck , pete

• Like 5

oliver2-44

:handgestures-thumbupright::woohoo:

• Like 2

kpinnc
10 hours ago, Blasterdad said:

Symptoms include...

You forgot red in your handkerchief... :P

• Haha 4

ebinmaine
10 hours ago, Blasterdad said:

This makes #4

From Sikkapedia, it states;

Unlike mosquito's the :wh: Bug stays active all year long, there's no known cure for it's bite.

Symptoms include...Noticeably less space in garages & outbuildings, Noticeably smaller bank statements, Beautiful lawn, driveway, & garden,

Irratated / angry spouse, Divorce, Dirty hands & clothing, & a newfound hatred for ethanol laced fuel & mice.

I've lived with ALL of the above listed symptoms for years now & have come to accept it. I'm actually quite happy...:)

You'll have 12 in no time....:thumbs: :laughing-rolling:

I love that!!!

Me n BBT got a good laugh outta that list.  

@stegs My friend you have work to do... Purchasing work.  

More Horses.  :wh:

I just told her about this being #4 of yours. 

She says.... 😃... Lightweight.  

:ROTF:

All in good fun I assure you.  

She's at 5. I'm at 7 ((??)) And we share one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lee1977
8 hours ago, stegs said:

the filter was off because he tried to start it before he delivered it. He was trying to get it to crank but it wouldnt

I did drain the bowl. It wasnt bad, but it wasnt great either

Installed the new battery, and .........Nothing. No power at all

i found a brown wire, coming out of the harness loose by the battery tray. I found a spade connector that was empty, and put the brown wire on it.....

She fired right up, no smoke, no noises. Nice and quiet. Trans was good. Idled down and ran sweet at 3/4 throttle

Fresh gas, oil change, grease and wash and i think we have a winner!!!

Make sure you have a good ground on that 312 dash panel it only has two 1/4" screws holding it in place.

• Like 1

WHX??

Well said Stegs...:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, stegs said:

Go get dirty, go play in the woods, go drive the tractors, haul fire wood to the house, get in trouble (within reason LOL)

Just go enjoy being young..

That's my life right there!

I've told Bunches of people over the last few years, my age range is from 7, 17 or 27 depending on present company and situation. 

I tried being "grown up" for about two decades and quite frankly, it sucked.

:laughing-rolling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Blasterdad
10 hours ago, stegs said:

Im in my mid 30s and i got 3 boys.

I stopped in late my late 30's with twins after I finally figured out what was causing them...:rolleyes:

I also figured out that :wh:'s are ALOT cheaper to have around...:laughing-rolling:

But seriously, they grew up driving the tractors around, quads, go carts, snowmobles, BB guns & slingshots, (for that get in trouble within reason you mentioned) & tree forts in the woods.

I totally agree, kids need to get outside & be kids. :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

kpinnc
23 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

my age range is from 7, 17 or 27

Oddly enough, mine is closer to 7+17+27.

...wait a minute. :blink:

• Haha 1

23 Reo

Really nice Horse

• Like 1

stegs
14 hours ago, Blasterdad said:

I stopped in late my late 30's with twins after I finally figured out what was causing them...:rolleyes:

I also figured out that :wh:'s are ALOT cheaper to have around...:laughing-rolling:

But seriously, they grew up driving the tractors around, quads, go carts, snowmobles, BB guns & slingshots, (for that get in trouble within reason you mentioned) & tree forts in the woods.

I totally agree, kids need to get outside & be kids. :thumbs:

yep thats the goal. Go outside, build forts, get dirty, explore, etc

I like these tractors, but my boys seem to be taking a interest.......so it works out for both of us.

Nice part is the gear drives i can put in 1st gear and let them go. Not really have to worry too much lol

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

WHGuy413
On 2/1/2023 at 9:36 AM, Blasterdad said:

This makes #4

From Sikkapedia, it states;

Unlike mosquito's the :wh: Bug stays active all year long, there's no known cure for it's bite.

Symptoms include...Noticeably less space in garages & outbuildings, Noticeably smaller bank statements, Beautiful lawn, driveway, & garden,

Irratated / angry spouse, Divorce, Dirty hands & clothing, & a newfound hatred for ethanol laced fuel & mice.

I've lived with ALL of the above listed symptoms for years now & have come to accept it. I'm actually quite happy...:)

You'll have 12 in no time....:thumbs: :laughing-rolling:

This is true word for word. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHGuy413
On 2/2/2023 at 9:17 AM, stegs said:

LOL

Give me time!!

I enjoy the hobby, but the biggest thing is my kids seem to enjoy garden tractors

Im in my mid 30s and i got 3 boys.

5, 4 and 2

They all seem to like to "work" on them, wash them and mostly drive them around in the yard

I figure, if you can buy them for a good price, get them running ......its a cheap hobby that keeps the kids outside and lets them be boys

Go get dirty, go play in the woods, go drive the tractors, haul fire wood to the house, get in trouble (within reason LOL)

Just go enjoy being young.......

This hobby seems to work out for me and my kids (so far). I just pray everyday that my kids continue to enjoy these things (outside, dirtbike, golf carts, garden tractors etc)

This hobby is perfect for kids. My boys are both into them. This is their score from last December that they spent their hard earned money on. My youngest at 11 years is a member here on the forum and really has been bitten by the :wh: bug. He always wants to work on them any time he’s home. It’s great having them involved, staying off video games and learning valuable life skills.

34367121-B293-48EC-84B4-04115F2F23AA.jpeg

3B367E5E-F509-41ED-9534-2DCECF8889CC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Heart 5