AHS

82 Wheelhorse C175

953 nut
22 minutes ago, AHS said:

filter sticking out the left rear. What tranny is that? What type of fluid? It moves and the fluid looks good (you have to push the lever hard to make it to move?

Good looking :wh:!     :text-coolphotos:

Your transmission is an Eaton 1100, the best one Wheel Horse ever used in my opinion. It will use 10 W 30 motor oil and the filter is a NAPA 1410 or Wix 51410, both made by Wix. 

If you motion control lever isn't moving with ease take a look under the cover where the motion control lives. My 418 had nut shells and rodent nesting material stuffed in there preventing things from moving when I got it.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

Excellent find!.

Definitely a winning deal for you.

I'll be looking forward to you putting that thing to use but in particular that Mid-mount grader blade.

• Like 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, AHS said:

I’m left handed, so i have a feeling that some of these pictures are gonna be up side down, I’m sorry!

Not any more!

317978934_417engine.jpeg.51a57cbe76a9300e5e27ae79f1531ec1.jpeg2061542320_417load.jpeg.716beb795c4e613a44a9b18c887e5955.jpeg1123945699_417tractor.jpeg.2170bb8bdb59481c43dd81fea9dd16f2.jpeg47543036_417hour.jpeg.58ea7e2554e0872b03486ee75f7cc860.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, AHS said:

(you have to push the lever hard to make it to move?!) 

Check the motion control lever under the seat.   The large cam nut may be loose or need adjustment.  Make sure it has full range of movement. 

The Eaton 1100 with the KT17 are one of the best combos Wheel Horse made.

1 hour ago, AHS said:

needs the choke 1/2 way on to run

Indicates a fuel shortage.    Do the starter and battery a favor,   clean the fuel system and add an electric fuel pump for easy instant start ups.

1 hour ago, AHS said:

C175 all hydro (only 729 hours!!) only one minor 1’ rip in the Wheelhorse seat!, plow, snowblower, 42” RD mulching deck, grader blade, old starter and some tire chain parts for $500!!

Wow, a plow, blower, and deck for $500 is a good deal.     Oh and a free tractor and grader blade.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart

Nice find!  Woo hoo!  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Brockport Bill

thats a great value for all that equipment PLUS a running tractor -- looks like might be a Series 1, KT17 engine -- you may want to confirm if Series 1 or a Series 2????? so you are aware the mechanical lubrication history issues with the Series 1 -- Secondly, I suggest since its a hydro and has a rear discharge mower to be aware the clippings out the rear will clog on the hydro fins --- so you may want to install a flange on the rear lip of the mower to deflect the clippings down so they don't stick to fins and inhibit the tranny fins from doing the necessary cooling.... I used "kick plate" vinyl used for kitchen cabinates or walls to install on my R.D decks as a deflector - the kick plate rolls have a natural curve that works perfectly.

wh 42 r.d. mower rear flange.jpg

wh  42 inch R.d. mower rear flange.jpg

WH C Series blackhoods.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, Brockport Bill said:

.. I used "kick plate" vinyl used for kitchen cabinates or walls to install on my R.D decks as a deflector - the kick plate rolls have a natural curve that works perfectly.

Nice idea there

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Brockport Bill

i use carriage bolt heads on underneath of flange so its smooth underneath surface so clippings dont attach

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Brockport Bill

i am told in this photo it typically indicates a Series 2 KT 17 engine........ that differs from the Series 1 -- apparently there can be variations, but this is generally an indication of Series 2 -- if your KT17 does not have this feature its likely a Series 1 Kohler

wh c175 series 2 engine.jpg

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

One of my favorite tractors. Right there. Good luck. 

• Excellent 1

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Brockport Bill said:

-- Secondly, I suggest since its a hydro and has a rear discharge mower to be aware the clippings out the rear will clog on the hydro fins --- so you may want to install a flange on the rear lip of the mower to deflect the clippings down so they don't stick to fins and inhibit the tranny fins from doing the necessary cooling.... I used "kick plate" vinyl used for kitchen cabinates or walls to install on my R.D decks as a deflector - the kick plate rolls have a natural curve that works perfectly.

wh 42 r.d. mower rear flange.jpg

Seconding this add-on for any RD deck. Makes a fantastic difference in keeping the rear of the tractor clean and, secondarily, dampens the trajectory of acorns. small twigs, etc. that the mower might fling.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
5 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Wow, a plow, blower, and deck for $500 is a good deal.     Oh and a free tractor and grader blade.

:text-yeahthat:a great deal! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

AHS

It’s a series 1. All I’m told by a few individuals; ‘keep it full of good oil’. I’m interested in this ‘kick down plate’.

Brockport Bill

apparently the KT17 history suggests the engine vulnerability is if extensive driving use on hills - the story i learned was the internal crank etc oil circulation in Series 1 engine is inadequate thus the Kohler redesign to the Series 2 design - thus, if used on hills the engine oil circulation is compromised. I got my Series 1 and Series 2 tractors in recent years so not sure the early history of my 2 tractors but so far the Series 1 seems to perform ok? Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!! I am now using the Kohler label 10w30 syn oil that has a zinc additive in it.

8 minutes ago, AHS said:

It’s a series 1. All I’m told by a few individuals; ‘keep it full of good oil’. I’m interested in this ‘kick down plate’.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHGuy413

That’s a great find for a great price. 

• Like 2

Pullstart
1 hour ago, AHS said:

Over full :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

WHX??

I have  series 1 in a Super C that smokes worse than I do. Rings gone i suspect. General concensus here is they are not worth rebuilding.

As much as I like to stay orginal I plan to run it like I stole it then do a repo of sorts. 

• Like 2

953 nut

912873525_KTseries1vsSeries2.jpg.daf6affa98160bddea853e988f43f722.jpg

• Excellent 4

WHX??

Excellent Richard :handgestures-thumbupright:... still digesting that. 

• Like 2

ebinmaine

@AHS

So how tilted is your property?

Look relatively flat in the pics and videos I've seen.  

• Like 1

ebinmaine

I'd say as long as you keep the oil level just at the high side you'd be fine.  

• Like 1

AHS
20 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

@AHS

So how tilted is your property?

Look relatively flat in the pics and videos I've seen.  

All that it’s gonna be used for is snowblowing. My driveway has a few slight uphills in it. It says that the series 1 has about 5lbs PSI, the series 2 at 25-50 PSI. No smoke, the engine has just gotten broken in at 730 hours! Well you know! I’m just gonna check the oil every time i go out.. just gonna be cautious.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

AHS
11 hours ago, WHGuy413 said:

That’s a great find for a great price. 

I know!! You know that feeling when you got a killer deal and you wanna get out of the sellers driveway asap!! Your driving thru town and hoping the cops don’t catch you for having no trailer lights! :D

• Haha 7

ebinmaine
51 minutes ago, AHS said:

Well you know! I’m just gonna CHECK THE OIL every time i go out.. just gonna be cautious

You keep that up and I think you'll be just fine.

• Excellent 1