Inspectorjoe

Any Case fans here?

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:            I test drove a Case garden tractor at a show a couple years ago, had 16" rear rims and I must say it was very well built. I would say it was about equivalent to a :wh: "D".

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

I’ve put in for a few Case raffles, but they never called me after they drew my ticket!  :lol:

I like the look of at 155.  Looks simple and tuff.

• Like 1

WHX??

I always like Cases and Colts and wouldn't be against one being the odd ball in the herd.

They are not as easy to wrench on as horses tho and can be a real bugger to resto. Especially the hydros. 

Buddy of ours restored a 440 and said never again. 

• Like 3

oliver2-44

I have  2 ,a 1965 Case 180 (12hp Kohler and Case 130 1(0hp Kohler) 

1965 was the 1st year Case sold a garden tractor after they formed the partnership, then bought Colt.

The shifter on the right side with the round ball top is the forward reverse.   The little saw tooth detents are worn and you can go from full speed forward to full speed reverse if your not careful (not advised)

They both have 2 speed rear axles.  its a fun to drive tractor!

I had gone to a garage sale and saw the Case 180 in the yard across the way,parked under a tree as yard art. 

I when and knocked on the door and the lady of the house said I'll get my husband, he got a new golf cart and that piece of junk had to get out of the garage.

So bought it for $150.  it has a stripped spark plug hole in the head so I put a heli-coil in it. 

It runs but oil fouls a plug in about an hour.  

1762455217_1965Case180withflagDSC_3705.JPG.7da69f9d603c984bcaecb27e082596d1.JPG

When I told my brother about it, he said a friend of his had 3 Case GT's gathering dust in a shed.  The 130 and two 222 's

Bought the 130 for a great price, FREE.  It also came with a mower deck which is quite heavy, especially for being on a 10hp tractor.

The schools Ag shop had re-ringed the motor years ago, don't know why they painted the motor green.

1910576611_Case130ontrailer.JPG.d60171f8c045d5e5aa4a6700b9ad2036.JPG

925495360_IMG_1899(1).JPG.c90e38c2ec95f0a664cb7d6296042c61.JPG

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

peter lena

@Inspectorjoe  nothing shabby about those at all , very rugged , well designed , liked the big tire version of that , almost bought that instead of my C-85 ! saw a used one not long ago , sell for $ 750 , a solid runner , guy had  oil wiped down the finish for looks , and it looked fresh , once these are gone , its all plastic junk . pete 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Tonytoro416

That’s the problem I am color blind when it comes to garden tractors.  I like them all. I have all wheelhorse aside from a couple green machines.  I like the case and Ingersoll tractors for sure 

• Like 2

ebinmaine
19 hours ago, WHX?? said:

not as easy to wrench on as horses

THAT'S the thing that keeps me from owning other brands.  

I do like the rugged simplistic look of the Case Ingersoll line alot. 

I understand that the Ingersoll was built here in Maine for a while. Don't know the timeline.  

One of the guys at work loves these Cases. He has several.  Good strong rigs. 

@Stepney

• Like 2

Stepney

They are a chore to do almost any upkeep on.. but they're great little tractor. There's no other GT sized loader that will ever compare to a 600 series model IMO. 
Interesting driveline though. Always strange to climb onto a 60-70's era GT and have no belts or shafts to hinder your feet. Never played with a 2xx model but I can assure you the 600 is a MIGHTY slow machine. Sure wish it was remotely faster. 

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 6.41.49 AM.png

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

@Stepney that’s really cool that the dash stand and the tractor frame IS THE LOADER FRAME.  Must be one stout build!

• Like 1

pfrederi

Have both WHs and Cases...

thefleet.jpg

• Like 2

sergeant
14 hours ago, Tonytoro416 said:

That’s the problem I am color blind when it comes to garden tractors.  I like them all. I have all wheelhorse aside from a couple green machines.  I like the case and Ingersoll tractors for sure 

Back before the Internet when You couldn't really research machines, I Bought a JD 240 In 1988 fully Loaded as I couldn't afford a fully loaded JD 318 at the Time on a Brand New E-7's salary. Well fast Forward 1991 had the Money with a Trade in to buy the 318 with a 44 Loader, 50-inch deck, Cat 0 3 point and 2000RPM rear PTO Plus a Deere 48-inch Tiller. Dealer tells me wait Next Year Deere will have a redesign of the 300 series what he didn't Know was the 425 through 455 was the actual redesign of the Deere 316 Onan through 430.

The new 320 was actually considered a continuation of the Deere 200 series. Well I waited, the 320 Came out and By then He didn't have any of the 316 through 332 In stock in 1992 they were Limited to Dealer stock By Fall 1992. You could order them Until about June 1992 from Deere, well Fall 1992 Came and I couldn't get the 318 anymore and the 320 was Not as Capable as the 318. So went to My Local Ingersoll Dealer, which I think it was Near Syracuse, NY. Bought an Ingersoll 3016PS of coarse that dealer sold me a pack of Misinformation I had Planned On Buying a Kiwk-way Loader for the Ingersoll 3016PS the following year, found out that Kwik-way Only Made them for the Ingersoll 4000 series. I kept the 3016PS still technically own it, But it sort of on loan to My Older Brother who lives down the street to mow his 2 acre Lot I used it for mowing and 3 point work. Sold the 3 Point Many years ago, still have the sleeve Hitch for it, and did have a 44-inch Front Blade for it. They are Great tractors I wish I could Have Bought another Ingersoll after Eastman Industries Bought it Before the Owner of Eastman had an accident Because they greatly improved the 4000 series with the Last series The Plans had been foot pedal drive, Diff/lock and a detachable Loader. Always thought diff/lock was the One Thing the Colt, Case and Ingersoll always needed Though the 7000 series TLB or TL did have 4WD it was only made 2 year.

They Only Issue was In 1983 Jack Ingersoll Bought them. It was great for them at first as Most Case Dealer still carried them But starting in 1985 Most Case dealer Became Cub Cadet dealer's and Dropped the Ingersoll/Case Tractor and Ingersoll never Had a very strong Independent dealer system across the US and the world. Had Most Case/IH dealers stayed as Ingersoll dealers, I think You wouldn't have seen Eastman Buy them.  But since the owner of Eastman Became a quadriplegic, They sold off the Hoover Mower and shuttered the company and Ingersoll with it. An outdoor power equipment Distributor has the rights to Ingersoll Now, But never tried to bring it back to Production.

The Hydraulic PTO was great on them tiller, chipper, log splitter and Brush cutter.  They were another great over built Garden tractor:handgestures-thumbupleft:

• Excellent 1

6wheeler
On 2/1/2023 at 9:46 AM, oliver2-44 said:

I have  2 ,a 1965 Case 180 (12hp Kohler and Case 130 1(0hp Kohler) 

1965 was the 1st year Case sold a garden tractor after they formed the partnership, then bought Colt.

The shifter on the right side with the round ball top is the forward reverse.   The little saw tooth detents are worn and you can go from full speed forward to full speed reverse if your not careful (not advised)

They both have 2 speed rear axles.  its a fun to drive tractor!

I had gone to a garage sale and saw the Case 180 in the yard across the way,parked under a tree as yard art. 

I when and knocked on the door and the lady of the house said I'll get my husband, he got a new golf cart and that piece of junk had to get out of the garage.

So bought it for $150.  it has a stripped spark plug hole in the head so I put a heli-coil in it. 

It runs but oil fouls a plug in about an hour.  

1762455217_1965Case180withflagDSC_3705.JPG.7da69f9d603c984bcaecb27e082596d1.JPG

When I told my brother about it, he said a friend of his had 3 Case GT's gathering dust in a shed.  The 130 and two 222 's

Bought the 130 for a great price, FREE.  It also came with a mower deck which is quite heavy, especially for being on a 10hp tractor.

The schools Ag shop had re-ringed the motor years ago, don't know why they painted the motor green.

1910576611_Case130ontrailer.JPG.d60171f8c045d5e5aa4a6700b9ad2036.JPG

925495360_IMG_1899(1).JPG.c90e38c2ec95f0a664cb7d6296042c61.JPG

I don't know if this answers the green engine question. But? I have a Case Centennial 2-14" Moldboard plow. The plow is the original Case orange/reddish color. But? Oddly enough? The wheels and levers are GREEN. I looked for a picture of the plow and found a sales picture of it when it would have been new. The colors are correct. Orange and green.

D_Mac

Picked this Case up for free a couple years ago. Came with mower deck,  snowblower and  rototiller. Put a coil on it, cleaned the points and 2 new front tires. Thing was a beast. Might even say over built. Love to have another.

20211003_120013.jpg

20211003_120004.jpg

20211012_185217.jpg

20211115_110544.jpg

20211115_110555.jpg

Edited by D_Mac
  • Like 1

Tonytoro416

That’s awesome. I’d give you your money back on it lol. Nice score 

• Thanks 1

D_Mac
On 2/8/2023 at 7:16 PM, Tonytoro416 said:

That’s awesome. I’d give you your money back on it lol. Nice score 

It was a friends of my cousins that owned it. Was sitting in his driveway for several years as a project when his wife decided it had to go. My cousin asked me if I was interested. Why wouldnt I be was my answer. Make the story even better was my cousin loaded it all up on his trailer and dropped itoff at my house. I didnt have to pay a penny for it or lift a finger to get it to my house !! Got it running and driving, Gave it a quick clean up and paint job and sold it . I liked it a lot but it wasnt red.

• Like 1