Pullstart

Exciting Weekend - Wrestling

SylvanLakeWH

:eusa-clap:

Pullstart

I forgot to mention the State event.  It’s a 2 day show at the Ford Field House, where the Lions play!

• Excellent 1

davem1111
On 2/16/2024 at 8:46 PM, D_Mac said:

My cousin wrestled in H.S. and college back in the day. Internet is full of some of his throws in Greco-Roman style. State Champ, NCAA champ and Olympic qualifier. Congrats to Rylee for her accomplishments and to the Pullstart family for all their support.

Whoa - that's some rough stuff.  I think I'd have loved to get a chance to do that when I was younger, but I don't think I even knew such a thing existed back in the 1970's.  Looks like a good way to get a neck injury... :scared-notify:

1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

Coach says in his wrestling tenure, only three freshman have qualified for state.  

Rylee is the first girl freshman he knows of from our school system making it through! She finished second at regionals, only to her upper classmen 1st place qualifier.  Proud daddy!

Awesome!  Congrats to Rylee!!  :party:

• Excellent 1

WHX??
24 minutes ago, davem1111 said:

Whoa - that's some rough stuff.  I think I'd have loved to get a chance to do that when I was younger, but I don't think I even knew such a thing existed back in the 1970's.  Looks like a good way to get a neck injury... :scared-notify:

He texted me a vid you should see ... talk about rough! 

BTW Kev next vid get right down to the mat and get in focus! 

Edited by WHX??
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

When my boy wrastled they only let the parents of the wrestlers down to the mat. 

He is a big boy and won most of his matches by sheer weight. Coaches loved him as many teams had nobody in his weight class so team points by default. 

Went to state his junior year but came up against really big really good heavy weights.  On the left freshman year. 

20160206_192854.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

• Excellent 2

Brockport Bill
On 2/19/2024 at 1:04 PM, Pullstart said:

I forgot to mention the State event.  It’s a 2 day show at the Ford Field House, where the Lions play!

in case you missed it  - there is some amazing national news today for girl's wrestling --  a female State champ in Arizona - - at a BOYS state championship event

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/arizona-wrestler-becomes-first-girl-win-high-school-state-title

• Excellent 2