Sign in to follow this  
AHS

Lift lever on a 414-8

AHS

Ok, so single stage snowblower on front, flag in the 3rd hole. I have  a 1/4” of play down at the bottom of the lift lever, (see the picture). I’m thinking maybe a bushing? The snowblower stays lifted up for about 45 seconds and drops, without me even touching it! I have lubed up the release lever. Any possible suggestions? I know its kinda hard to explain!

8A9AD03A-2994-45E3-B395-D6B943C4A69F.jpeg

• Like 2

8ntruck

Worn latch pieces?  Unfortunately,  those are hard to get to.

Which way is the 1/4" of play? In/out? Side to side/up and down?

• Like 1

peter lena

@AHS   almost sounds like  your  lever engagement is  partially there , that 45 sec drop  tells me that . top of lever  push rod  should be  sensitive reactive  to  intent ,  did you make the rust run out of every engagement area ?  get a hand mirror in the  areas of   movement . verify what's going on . pull off your shifter gate , and lubricate the  console / lever end bushings , aerosol can  lube  extension tube . any related part can hang it up .  regularly touch up my  linkage  end areas , also firm up the sloppy play with washers  / grease .  works like butter . pete

• Like 1

squonk

Try the 2nd (middle) hole. I think something may be interfering with the lock pin fully engaging into the slot. If you need to lift the blower higher, put washers in the flag rod where it goes into the lift tube.

• Like 2

AHS

@peter lena the two large clips underneath… are they for dissembling the 

3 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Worn latch pieces?  Unfortunately,  those are hard to get to.

Which way is the 1/4" of play? In/out? Side to side/up and down?

From front of the tractor to rear of the tractor

AHS

@peter lena the two large clips underneath.. are they for dissembling the lift rod? The lift rod comes out?

peter lena

AHS

I put oil down in the release hole, until it came out the other end!! It helped (45%)..but it still falls with me messing around with the lever. It’ll hold for this winter, then I’ll take it apart. Thanks guys!!

• Like 1