Formula600

Mainteance on a 268H. wheel horse tractor

Formula600

Hi, Im trying to find out information on a newly purchased 268h wheelhorse.

A few of the guys on the forum spoke up and I exhausted all the leads they have given me.

Id like to get an operators manual for it eventually but till then I hope to ask you guys about maintenance so I can feel better operating it when using it this winter.

I would like to know where to check the transmisssion for oil level and what kkind of oil it uses/?. does it even use a filter?

where wouldn a guy look for the serial # for the transmi8ssion and for the year and model of tractor.

TIA  fellows id like to get using it and if if burns up its not from lack of mainteance.

?

• Like 1

gwest_ca

This is what the serial decal should look like and likely under the seat somewhere.

OM = operator manual

SM = service manual

IPL = illustrated parts list

The OM should have basic maintenance items.

Go to the engine and transmission SM's for the recommended manufacture's maintenance.

Can't link you to these without the tractor model and serial number. If it is long gone post all the numbers off the engine decal including the serial number. May be able to identify the tractor with those.

West Parry Sound? I'm East Parry Sound.

Tractor 1998 269-H 72102 Serial SS.jpg

• Like 4

Formula600
On 1/18/2023 at 4:33 AM, gwest_ca said:

This is what the serial decal should look like and likely under the seat somewhere.

OM = operator manual

SM = service manual

IPL = illustrated parts list

The OM should have basic maintenance items.

Go to the engine and transmission SM's for the recommended manufacture's maintenance.

Can't link you to these without the tractor model and serial number. If it is long gone post all the numbers off the engine decal including the serial number. May be able to identify the tractor with those.

West Parry Sound? I'm East Parry Sound.

Tractor 1998 269-H 72102 Serial SS.jpg

• Like 1

Formula600

hey fellas , 

Thanks for all the help you guys that piped up with ideas for my disabled old wheelhorse,managed to get her up and running to a state I am quite happy with...

Heres to a great bunch of tractor guys,

Cheers

Tim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1