clueless

400 burb 3 piece tran

clueless

Just trying to get an idea, what's a rebuilt 3 piece trans worth?

WHX??

I'd say 2-3 or whatever you can get for it. Start high heard tell they dont make them any more. If it's got one of Lowell's kits in it thats 150 right ther.

More if he's not a card carrying member here. I like to give supporter discounts unlike some others here .... ahem Tom...:ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

wallfish

Done right by someone known then it might be $300 or +. Like Jim said, a full kit is $150 and a used trans is typically worth about $100. If you are doing one and selling it, document everything with pics and receipts and it's worth more than just taking someone's word for it.

Buying from an unknown seller that simply painted one and calls that restored is something completely different. (Same goes for tractors too)

Or, someone only changing a couple of oil seals and calling that rebuilt.

Many people have a different idea of " rebuilt' or "restored"

It's kind of a loaded question without any explanation

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

squonk

A few years back an old customer of mine needed an RJ transmission. I picked one up from a reputable supporter member at the show for around $200-250.

clueless

It's my trans, it was rebuilt by Jake Kuhns a few years ago. I'm just trying to get some ideas of prices on WH stuff I plan to sell in the next couple of months.

stevasaurus

If Jake rebuilt that transmission, I taught him how to do that.  He may have pictures or it may be one that I rebuilt for him.  I would say it is redone correctly with new seals and any questionable bearings replaced.  Priced to sell $250 to $300 easy.  :USA:

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:

When I did my first 3 piece way  back when the bearings & seals came from him and even then they were all or more of a franklin. 

clueless

Jake Rebuilt this one.