Sign in to follow this  
Brian1045

K241 Cutting out on rough terrain

Brian1045

My 1045 K241 seems to running pretty well. But when I venture onto a little rougher terrain or a bumpy yard the engine wants to "cut-out" a little or throw out a small back-fire. As soon as I hit smooth ground again...everything is fine. I can even rock the tractor back and fourth at a stand still and it will do the same thing.

I checked all the wires and connections, nothing is loose or grounding out. But it doesn't seem like an electrical related miss anyhow. It's more like a sputter. Could it be fuel related??

Anyone had a similar issue like this one? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:thumbs2:

W9JAB

Carb float? junk in fuel tank? the backfier leeds me to think fuel problem. :thumbs2:

djmil11

I had the same exact problem with a 16 horse Briggs.....rebuilt the carb and no more probs. :thumbs2:

Fire_rescue_18

I live in Gosport and had the exact same problem! Is this the same tractor that you wee havig fuel pump problems with on an older post? If so, put a clear see-thru fuel filter on it and see if its running out of gas by looking at the filter when it starts sputtering. I put a LOW VOLUME 4-6 psi electric pump on mine and it has not sputtered the first time!! Back firing is almost always fuel related. If I can help or you want to discuss it on the phone let me know. (812)821-8020

Brian1045

I guess I should clarify...It's not really a back fire so to speak. It's more like a sputter or a hesitation like miss as soon as I hit a rough area in the yard or a bump.

The carb has been rebuilt along with the engine just a few months ago. I may need check the float height.

I have an inline filter and a glass sediment bowl. I'll check the flow tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the responses ...I'll keep tinkering away.

:thumbs2: