ClassicTractorProfessor

1067 Revival

ebinmaine
11 hours ago, ClassicTractorProfessor said:

drag it in out of the wind to see what its gonna take to get it back up and running. 

I'm in!

10 hours ago, WHX?? said:

and look down that long hood things might happen... :lol:

..... And there's the reason I drive trucks! 

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:   Square hood Wheel Horses are beginning to be appreciated more and more these days. Looks like you have a nice complete unit. Is it a 1267?

• Like 3

ClassicTractorProfessor

Well we have a runner. Needs a lot of attention but we have heard her make noise so we can move forward from here. Had to swap out the coil and install a new set of points to get her to run. Fuel pump I'm sure is no good, and the carb needs some serious work. Bad oil leak coming from behind the fuel pump as well. 

Was hoping to do a full will it start video, filmed a bunch of it but when I went to put it all together the noise in the background was unbearable...gotta love 45 mph Oklahoma winds. But I did salvage this clip 

On 1/14/2023 at 6:36 AM, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:    Is it a 1267?

• Excellent 8

Darb1964

Very nice, I picked up a 1067 myself two years ago from the original owners nice. Runs very good, so far I've just run it around the yard.

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

@WHX?? what tires are you running on that beautiful machine? I'm guessing that the rears are the standard 23x8.50-12s but what about the fronts. From the picture they look smaller than the 16x6.50-8s I'm used to seeing on these. Usually tires would be the last thing I would buy for a project like this, but all four of mine are shot and I need to be able to roll this thing around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

Those are the Firestone tris... only place you can get now them Prof is Miller Tire. Apparently they bought the rights to the mold. A Very beefy and a man's tire and steers like a caddy.

Yes 16 6.50s X 8

I lucked out and got both of mine for cheap from a member here but don't look what Miller wants for them now... you'll surely fall off yer barstool. 

Since this gal was my first she deserved them. You remember when you had your first... :ychain:

Yes rears are run of the mill Tru Powers in 23- 8 50 - 12s. 

18 minutes ago, ClassicTractorProfessor said:

but all four of mine are shot and I need to be able to roll this thing around

Best advice dude is just get whatevers laying around till the ship comes in. Keep her a roller anyway. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Ouch I see what you mean about the price of those front tires. I can get the rears at cost from work so no problem there, may just end up ordering a couple cheap turf tires for the front for now though. 

• Like 2

WHX??

BTW Prof. Deestones tris in 4- 8  which are a bit more affordable would work great in the front. They seem to running beefy these days and fit the bill. Less $$ Hy Runs for the back I'll have no qualms with either and anybody does we're going to fisticuffs.  

I've got some great comments on the plow field with  these. 

20180111_170430.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
1 minute ago, ClassicTractorProfessor said:

, may just end up ordering a couple cheap turf tires for the front for now though. 

Let's not get hasty ... like I said those Dee's in tri rib can be had for turfs if you shop. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Let's not get hasty ... like I said those Dee's in tri rib can be had for turfs if you shop. 

@ClassicTractorProfessor

Bryce I'll second that on the Deestone brand tri ribs.  

Trina uses those on Pony 657 and will be soon on Pigpen 867 for spring and summer.  

Good tires.  

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor
12 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Deestones tris in 4- 8   

I looked at those, wasn't sure how well they would fit on the wider rims. For right around 90 bucks for a pair of them I'd say they're worth a try. 

As far as HiRuns for the rear, I have no issue with them, I've been running HiRuns in 23x10.50-12 on the rear of my C125 the whole time I have owned it and have not had any issues. The ones on the 125 are loaded, and I have never had a problem with traction no matter what I'm doing

94700748_282887492737645_4521617092486627328_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

oliver2-44

Since the Hi-Runs run smaller you might consider getting 23x9.5x12. Put you closer to original width anyway. 

• Like 2

WHX??

I didn't know they had them in 9.5s Ollie? 

953 nut
10 hours ago, ClassicTractorProfessor said:

wasn't sure how well they would fit on the wider rims.

Use a ratchet strap tightened around the tire to push the bead out to the rim, ad some air then release the strap. 

• Like 3

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, 953 nut said:

Use a ratchet strap tightened around the tire to push the bead out to the rim, ad some air then release the strap. 

Could also put tubes in.

I started installing tubes in every single tire that goes on and off a rim whether it's new or used.

• Like 2

WHX??
11 hours ago, ClassicTractorProfessor said:

wasn't sure how well they would fit on the wider rims

They fit fine Prof ... I run them all the time on stock rims. Dan does too. We both have a set on our plow mules. 

20230116_075450.jpg

• Like 2

Pullstart
On 1/16/2023 at 8:57 AM, WHX?? said:

We both have a set on our plow mules. 

As do I…

1108018D-B40B-4113-9400-FBC8B8E7332E.jpeg

Lee1977

I have my 400x8 on 3" wide rims.

SAM-0935-3.jpg

• Like 1

kpinnc

I'll join in here. I got a set too, and will likely get more. 

Mine are on trailer wheels with 1 inch tapered bearings.

IMG_20210814_233508013.jpg

• Excellent 1