Tonytoro416

1968 or 1969 short wheelbase

Tonytoro416

Where the lawn rangers a short frame or wheel base ?

Tonytoro416

So I did some measuring tonight and I’m thinking the frame has been swapped.  Wheel base on that tractor is 41 inches   I believe the frame matches the hood stand.  I think it has a lawn ranger frame and hood stand.   Kinda of disheartening but really doesn’t matter.  Probably going to put correct frame under it    Wonder what hood I found.  ?  

• Like 1

WHX??

Not even close to being the correct hood stand.

The more I look at yer pics Tony the more I :bow-yellow: for even thinking about taking on a project of this multitude. Take plenty of pics this is one for the ages... and the cover of LAGT magazine. 

We're here you need stuff. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Tonytoro416 said:

Kinda of disheartening but really doesn’t matter

Don't even sweat it. 

You got you a true gem there.  

Like Jimbo says, take plenty o pics. 

A walk around video would also be a good idea.  

You got all the parts from him n Kev, and all the knowhow you'll ever need around here.  

Tonytoro416
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Not even close to being the correct hood stand.

The more I look at yer pics Tony the more I :bow-yellow: for even thinking about taking on a project of this multitude. Take plenty of pics this is one for the ages... and the cover of LAGT magazine. 

We're here you need stuff. 

Yea I knew the hood stand wasn’t correct and the frame goes with the hood stand. Everything else is right.  I’ll need a different hood.  But it’s a true survivor. Like my story said my grandpa pulled it out of the burnt building with one thought in mind and that was making it work for what he needed.  That he accomplished.  It’s tilled an incredible amount of ground for being through a fire 

Edited by Tonytoro416
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

If you feel like a drive before October, I have that hood, hood stand, frame, etc.  I hear the dinner triangle jingling!  com’n get it!  

• Excellent 3

ebinmaine
7 hours ago, Tonytoro416 said:

one thought in mind and that was making it work for what he needed.  That he accomplished

THAT is the reason why the tractor deserves to be restored. 

It was built. It did a job. A great job. Many years. 

7 hours ago, Tonytoro416 said:

my grandpa

THAT'S the reason why YOU should do the restoration.  

AWESOME story. 

An excellent piece of American History. 

A small piece, yes. Of a few families. 

Making their own place.  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Handy Don
13 hours ago, Tonytoro416 said:

Yea I knew the hood stand wasn’t correct and the frame goes with the hood stand. Everything else is right.  I’ll need a different hood.  But it’s a true survivor. Like my story said my grandpa pulled it out of the burnt building with one thought in mind and that was making it work for what he needed.  That he accomplished.  It’s tilled an incredible amount of ground for being through a fire 

Amazing how it’s possible to mix & match WH components across so many years to just get the job done!

Lee1977

Pullstart has all the correct parts. Your rear fender is defiantly off a Lawn Ranger.

oliver2-44
On 1/5/2023 at 4:34 AM, Tonytoro416 said:

ED2BEDEE-F927-4341-B5F4-01C4F34AFA71.jpeg

My 1945 Wisconsin ADH is rated 3.9Hp@2600 RPM.  It looks similar in size, but their hard to tell by size. It has a 2.750 bore and 3-1/4" stroke. 

So about the bore of a 7 hp K161 but the stroke of a 16 hp K341.  Wisconsin doesn't list compression numbers, but I'm told my engine runs about 60-65psi, low by todays standard. 

Some of the Gibson "D" tractors used the ADH engine.

1791999251_frontofengine.JPG.1ce74c7cff5325a0b391d01d7a1814d2.JPG

The table below gives specs on a lot of Wisconsin engines.

881207136_WisconsinHandySpecChart.jpg.22801f4a26fd45c7fce2a0573d70f227.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHGuy413

What a great story. It’s great seeing tractors that have progressed throughout a family over the years. I look forward to following your progress on it. 

• Like 2

Tonytoro416
11 hours ago, oliver2-44 said:

My 1945 Wisconsin ADH is rated 3.9Hp@2600 RPM.  It looks similar in size, but their hard to tell by size. It has a 2.750 bore and 3-1/4" stroke. 

So about the bore of a 7 hp K161 but the stroke of a 16 hp K341.  Wisconsin doesn't list compression numbers, but I'm told my engine runs about 60-65psi, low by todays standard. 

Some of the Gibson "D" tractors used the ADH engine.

1791999251_frontofengine.JPG.1ce74c7cff5325a0b391d01d7a1814d2.JPG

The table below gives specs on a lot of Wisconsin engines.

881207136_WisconsinHandySpecChart.jpg.22801f4a26fd45c7fce2a0573d70f227.jpg

This is awesome.  Thank you 

• Like 2

Tonytoro416

Dad and I worked on the raider today a little bit after picking up a roller 1077. (Couldn’t pass on it for $50). We split the frame and rear end. Also got the tiller off

41CC82B0-A596-4ACC-826D-69959148B0FE.jpeg

5B1EBC26-9B51-4059-9107-60317B37E2E4.jpeg

8AAA05C2-A418-4909-876F-C782A666DD28.jpeg

• Like 4

Tonytoro416

Also we could use some help on what fenders belong on this tractor. Are they like other raiders or c series?   The fenders on the 1077 I just picked up and fenders on the 1077 I already have are the same as the ones that were on this tractor.  But have been told on here they aren’t correct 

ebinmaine
On 1/8/2023 at 5:07 PM, Tonytoro416 said:

Also we could use some help on what fenders belong on this tractor. Are they like other raiders or c series?   The fenders on the 1077 I just picked up and fenders on the 1077 I already have are the same as the ones that were on this tractor.  But have been told on here they aren’t correct.   

Maybe the pics are misleading by the angles?

The rear fender for ALL the mid to late 60s except LR and GT14 were the same. 

Tonytoro416
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Maybe the pics are misleading by the angles?

The rear fender for ALL the mid to late 60s except LR and GT14 were the same. 

That’s what I was thinking also.  Going to use frame and hood from the 1077 I got cheap this weekend 

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Tonytoro416 said:

That’s what I was thinking also.  Going to use frame and hood from the 1077 I got cheap this weekend 

Double check all your lineups in a correct bolted together mockup before tossing paint. 

Just to be sure...

• Like 1

Tonytoro416

Been tearing apart the donor tractor so been a little slow as far as showing progress.  
ready to start cleaning up parts and start putting it back together 

Also spent some time sanding and priming a mid mount grader blade I scored on here last week 

D9EB8C2E-9C33-4D84-9415-B69A4B410B30.jpeg

28621BB7-8CA2-4031-9016-E91096C53957.jpeg

D94F4A5D-D6F5-4C40-B175-AFCDE0A2170F.jpeg

883779CB-BF06-4928-97D4-3280E0D775D6.jpeg

Edited by Tonytoro416
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart

@Tonytoro416 was that the grader in Kalamazoo?  Shoulda come up for a visit if you were that close!

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Tonytoro416

It was and I thought of that I really did but I just haven’t had the time.  Starting to fill up with fertilizer at work in preparation for spring so haven’t been able to break away 

• Like 1

Tonytoro416

He shipped me the grader thankfully or I definitely would have made it your way 

• Like 1

WHX??

He is a half @$$Ed cook Tony.

Don't let him cajole you into pushing a broom in his shop tho... unless you need 10mm sockets... :laughing-rolling:

Edited by WHX??
  • Haha 3

Pullstart

You know of a piece of meat?  I can smoke it!  Traeger to the rescue!  

Tonytoro416

Lol

Sailman

Might be off topic here but did you give any thought to a reinforcement plate on that frame where the transmission bolts to it? There are some great mods for that here on Red Square. Might be worth it while its easy to do with frame off. I have a cracked frame on one of my C-120's that was used for plowing and push blade. Project for me this spring. Just a thought.

• Like 1