TIM COOLEY

REPLACEMENT PARTS AND TOOLS TO REFURBISH A 416 H

TIM COOLEY

HELLO TRYING TO FIND REPLACEMENT SEALS AND REPLACEMENT PARTS TO RENEW A 416 H I BOUGHT NEW 26 YRS AGO.

• Like 4

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Most parts are available, through either local NAPA stores, or online vendors.  What are you looking for in particular?

• Like 1

Achto
4 minutes ago, TIM COOLEY said:

HELLO TRYING TO FIND REPLACEMENT SEALS AND REPLACEMENT PARTS TO RENEW A 416 H I BOUGHT NEW 26 YRS AGO

Here is a source for the tranny seals. He carries many other parts as well.

https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/product-category/hydro-transmissions/

Here is a cross reference for the tranny seals & bearings if you wish to purchase them else where.

For engine parts and seals you will need to look for those through Onan, don't know of too many after market Onan parts.

Find you engine in our manuals section.

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/category/14-onan-service-manuals/

• Like 3

stevasaurus

The bearing & cross reference thread is more for manual transmissions.  some of those bearings and seals will work but not the ones that attach to the pump.  Be more specific and we can do better pointing you to the right stuff.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 3

953 nut

:WRS:

Glad you found this site. once we know what specific seals and other parts you need we can help you out. Also, before you begin removing parts and pieces please check in so we can help you avoid some of the pitfalls we have experienced.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• BenBen's416
      By BenBen's416
      So a lil back story: I mow 1x per week and it takes me 2.5hrs with a 20" push mower... I've never had to purchase a mower @35yrs old, I've always had readily available hand-me-downs & freebies. So I set my parameters 2wks ago @ $800 & 1.5hr drive radius. 

Well I started looking at green (b/c we have a JD 5525), even some yellow (b/c we have an IH Hydro100 + others), and even looked at the cheaper stuff. While I was looking, I kept coming across these "WheelHorses" and so I had to investigate (basically because I like the look) & didn't understand 'them' and the $ they were commanding. That brought me here. Where I started reading, searching, looking up info, reading about problems, seeing which were 'desired' models, and finding out when did 'they' start using plastic, aluminum and recycled Styrofoam peanuts for parts.  

Then there was the price point when I decided what I wanted & oh yeah, $800 is kinda short lol. Oh, there's 25 green 2007 model mowers ready to bring to the house... 

Today I am the proud new owner of a 416h... Even has the original BOS attached to the owners manual. Unfortunately tho, it was closer to the farm than the city (day job) so I had sent my dad & brother to check it out & authorized them to spend my $ so long as it wasn't blowing smoke, slapping heads, spitting oil, etc... there's a bad "idler bearing" which didn't spoil the deal (but I will have to fix & have searched here for that thank you WHF/RedSquare already). 

Most of us here, we need our tractors to WORK. Me, if I wanted and had the time for show ponies, I would have kept a 70 Olds, or refurbish an AC D17 we have collecting dust. No, life is no parade but a long grind... now is my 2hr mow gonna kill this thing, I seriously hope not lol. 

But that doesn't mean I can't get this Mare to put out a little more - hehehe... She does require maintenance. She does need heads cleaned & valves adjusted apparently. She needs cleaned/detailed... and these are things I can get my oldest son Ben involved in as I want to have more father-son time... (might upset my lil girl but she'll take/get hers if she wants it later). So I'm planning to put this little horse to work in more ways than she had planned. 

Yeah, there is more to my motivation here as well... I'm a divorced father (accountant & weekend farmer) of 3 with a new family & an old one I still have to support and there's no reason this can't be fun... So check back in, & I'll keep pics coming. But be patient, as I'm writing this tonight I still haven't seen it much less heard her run... But the DERBY is Saturday, this is KY, and pappa's got a brand new toy!

Since I know you want to know - this 416h got listed this morning for $500 & 1hr away... she never had a chance