Chrishar

Still transmission problems

Chrishar

I posted sometime back about this problem I tried a different transmission casting with some of the gears out of the old one but it still making nose I don't know what I'll doing wrong any help would be helpful or a another transmission if anybody has one it for a 702 wheel horse tractor 

• Like 1

gwest_ca

What kind of noise and when does it happen or what are you doing to create it?

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Got any pictures from when you put this on together??  Pictures of the gears, bearings, differential would help.  A video of the noise might help also.  :occasion-xmas:

• Excellent 1

Lagersolut
18 hours ago, Chrishar said:

I posted sometime back about this problem I tried a different transmission casting with some of the gears out of the old one but it still making nose I don't know what I'll doing wrong any help would be helpful or a another transmission if anybody has one it for a 702 wheel horse tractor 

Look at your gears very carefully - " fully cleaned up "  - this came out of my 416-8 making a ticking noise - when I got this one apart I was baffled - for the life of me couldn't find anything wrong - one by one I started looking at each gear under a light ( after a few nights of rolling around in bed wondering what I was looking for ) .

This hairline crack wasn't from abuse - in my opinion it was a bad casting - nothing in the transmission suggested it was from a hard jolt or hitting something  - the crack is all the way through the casting back a tooth - the noise was it spreading and clicking on another gear even a slight load - could not hear it with tractor running - only when pushed in neutral making room in garage . Another member here had a good replacement to get me rolling again

IMG_7023.jpg

IMG_7024.jpg

Edited by Lagersolut
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Chrishar

Going  to pull it out and go though it again after Christmas I will put pictures of it then thanks again for the help 

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Take good pictures.  Sure would like to hear the noise before you tear it apart.  :thumbs:  That could make all the difference in the world.  Might even be able to tell you where to look.  :eusa-think:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

joebob

:eusa-think: Before you go too far into taking the trans apart again, try taking your brake band off, and run it, they can make all types of noises if not adjusted right or worn pad, these turn into tuning forks and really growl

• Like 3