RED-Z06

Free Deere 425

RED-Z06

Guy dropped it off for repair last week, said it was parked in 2020 because the pto stopped working.  He sold his house and was going to move it...it started but died and lost power.  He replaced the printed circuit board/ignition module and it would crank but no spark.  I got it here and plugged in the old board, the LEDS show it all should work.  It cranks over but no power to the fuel pump in the tank and no power to the fuel solenoid.  I told him, possibly a cut or burnt wire, but I needed to pull it apart and look for chewed wires..he said he was hoping it was a fuse or something simple, really didn't want to put anything into it.  Id already cleaned the carb on his push mower...he offered to trade the 425 for that..so, yeah.

Its an all wheel steer model...pretty rough, missing the tail lights, both side panels, grille.  54" deck though is nice.

Itll be a project...im figuring 8 hours to fix it, i feel like maybe the fuel pump shorted and cooked a wire, but doesnt explain the lack of juice to the fuel solenoid

If it runs im estimating about 1200 in parts to get it right.  I had one new in 2001...loved it.

Ill get pictures tomorrow 

• Like 2

T-Mo

The 4X5 series were top of the line, and in fact, one of the best GT being built in that time frame.  Liquid cooled engines, hydraulics, shaft drive transmissions and attachments, strong GT transmission, commercial grade engines, etc.  Here are the OM and TM manuals.

TM1517_4X5_2_reduce2.pdf JD425_445_OMM144042.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RED-Z06
4 hours ago, T-Mo said:

The 4X5 series were top of the line, and in fact, one of the best GT being built in that time frame.  Liquid cooled engines, hydraulics, shaft drive transmissions and attachments, strong GT transmission, commercial grade engines, etc.  Here are the OM and TM manuals.

TM1517_4X5_2_reduce2.pdf 20.3 MB · 2 downloads JD425_445_OMM144042.pdf 1.95 MB · 2 downloads

Yep they were silky smooth, ive been trying to get a loader tractor for a couple years to help around the shop, this might be the one.

RED-Z06

My parts list is as long as it is expensive but i have faith.

20221205_162414.jpg

20221205_162426.jpg

20221205_162440.jpg

20221205_162456.jpg

• Like 1

RED-Z06
On 12/1/2022 at 3:32 AM, T-Mo said:

TM1517_4X5_2_reduce2.pdf 20.3 MB · 6 downloads JD425_445_OMM144042.pdf 1.95 MB · 3 downloads

Any line on a parts list or something for a Deere M054HDAXXXXX deck?

• Like 1