upstate yank

1968 charger9 with the 10 horse Tecumseh motor

upstate yank

first I have to say that it has been a few months to change all of my information as it seems some hacked my accounts ;it seems that others have nothing else to do but to cause issues with others

I as well wanted to thank the ones that replied back to my issue of no spark on my 10 horse ;but in time I was able to figure out the problem as the coil was no good 'after time of searching I was able to find a company that makes them yes a little costly but it was worth it ;as once it was installed and the air cap set it started right up and runs super  fine 'plus after sitting for a few years no smoke ;at on time I did decide to sell it for parts as not being able to find a coil but now I am glad that I didn't ;

so if any other members are in need of a coil for a solid state ignition or any other parts as he makes stators; plus so much more give him a call as the shipping is so fast with in 3 days 

the companies name is over night solutions 

Meron. WI 53056  

e-mail dale_colvert @yahoo.com

phone 262-391-6670  question; do the 2 blades turn the same way or do they turn opposite one left one right as the blades were not on the deck when I bought it 

287050373_747685626262453_5368281766097299766_n.jpg.c643e3ae01e230c4f8aea4a9eb6238a3.jpg

286042348_567947851433327_2559196901772896064_n.jpg.0efd1fc5dc79d751fba6841b3a55db7a.jpg

Edited by upstate yank
  • Like 2

gwest_ca

That is a gear driven deck so the blades turn in opposite directions. There is a left and right blade - mirror images of each other.

The blades must be installed 90 degrees to each other so they don't hit.

Deck is likely a model 5-1361 or 5-1362 - 36" width of cut.

• Like 5

Pullstart

:text-yeahthat:

The blades are all keyed to keep them at 90 degrees from each other.  You’ll know when you blow a key, the clang they make when they collide is a unique one!

953 nut

Welcome back, sorry to hear about the hack but glad you got the ignition issues worked out.          :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Handy Don
15 hours ago, upstate yank said:

do the 2 blades turn the same way or do they turn opposite one left one right as the blades were not on the deck when I bought it 

As noted, they rotate in opposite directions. Looking down, the right one turns clockwise.

These decks commonly rust out at the front inside center top since the rotation of the blades piles clippings there. Keeping that area clean will go a long way to keeping the deck solid.

Also, adjusting the lift height so that when it's fully lifted the lift frame is not pressing down on that same front center top is a good idea. The lift arm has a lot of leverage and I've seen several decks dented in at that spot creating a further trap for grass underneath!

Great news on the coil and thanks for supplying the reference!

upstate yank
46 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

As noted, they rotate in opposite directions. Looking down, the right one turns clockwise.

These decks commonly rust out at the front inside center top since the rotation of the blades piles clippings there. Keeping that area clean will go a long way to keeping the deck solid.

Also, adjusting the lift height so that when it's fully lifted the lift frame is not pressing down on that same front center top is a good idea. The lift arm has a lot of leverage and I've seen several decks dented in at that spot creating a further trap for grass underneath!

Great news on the coil and thanks for supplying the reference!

thanks for the information and it seems that I did put them on the correct way and yes each time I mow the deck is cleaned out and I always adjust the  lift arm correctly ;I thought by adding the supplier someone else who has the same issue with the coil will be able to purchase one ;again a little high on the price but what can we do ;they are hard to find on the evil bay and again quite expensive 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

upstate yank
12 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

That is a gear driven deck so the blades turn in opposite directions. There is a left and right blade - mirror images of each other.

The blades must be installed 90 degrees to each other so they don't hit.

Deck is likely a model 5-1361 or 5-1362 - 36" width of cut.

thanks and it seems I attached them correctly ;and I do have a model 5-1361 and a 5-1362 and they are the same way with the blades 

• Like 1

upstate yank
9 hours ago, Pullstart said:

:text-yeahthat:

The blades are all keyed to keep them at 90 degrees from each other.  You’ll know when you blow a key, the clang they make when they collide is a unique one!

thanks and yep it seems that I did attach them correctly as with the 36 inch deck model 5-1362 

• Like 1

upstate yank
9 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Welcome back, sorry to hear about the hack but glad you got the ignition issues worked out.          :handgestures-thumbupright:

thanks for the welcome back and it has been quite the hair puller to retrieve all of my passwords which had to be changed ;why people have to screw with others might be they don't have a  life ; and yes it again has been a long 3-4 months to figure this out though I did know it was due to the coil and finding one on the evil bay which there were none 'a dealer that I know gave me this guys phone number and he knew right away which one I needed and after payment the item was at my door with in 3 days so it worked out quite well ;the price a little high as 199.90 with shipping but again well worth it ;so now to replace the fuel pump as the previous owner had it gravity fed and by passed the pump which I have done in the past ;the old girl starts right up and purrs like a kitten plus a new head gasket as there is a small leak around one of the head bolts no big thing at least it runs and doesn't smoke ; can't beat these fine old horses so now 7 in the garage one for each day of the week ;

Edited by upstate yank
  • Like 2