TJ5208

520-8 Customizations

littleredrider

I put 25x12x12s on the wifey's diesel 520. Got rim blanks from Miller tire, 10" wide. A wide rim will "flatten" the tread, where ATV tires are normally rounded. They fit without lifting or modding anything. And are insane on traction. I thought I had pics, but guess it's the other tractors. Oh, get the bead breaker from harbor freight. I broke tires down that were on since the 60s, Need to work lil at a time, but they will come off....

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

sjoemie himself
1 hour ago, littleredrider said:

thought I had pics

When you come across some pics I would'nt mind seeing them 

:wwp:

• Excellent 1

littleredrider

I'll try to get some today. Sorta looks like rain holding off and the bright thingy coming out some. Don't wanna say what, cause it will go away!!!! But all three are out there, so can get a side by side comparision....

• Haha 1

littleredrider

1CD36E7F-A70C-4C83-89BA-7D7E0F3273FB.jpeg.d620acb4b11a0b1683cf8e64abb04f73.jpegPics ain’t the greatest but got some. 

5364369B-F71A-4DD0-B9C7-1083796C0E92.jpeg

D511FCA6-669F-4A57-90A7-16CC99CF0612.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

littleredrider

Last one

491E7CFC-9C02-4838-B9A0-9B73F669E007.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

littleredrider

The other tractor has 24x12x12 for reference.

• Like 1

TJ5208

Why does all of my post always end up in a argument I mean seriously what did I do to cause this.

Lee1977
8 hours ago, TJ Salyers said:

Why does all of my post always end up in a argument I mean seriously what did I do to cause this.

Nothing, I've had to cut tires off, a front  on my 520 and a 6 ply off a 24" rim on my 59 JD. Thoes thin 2 plys just won't let you break the rusted bead by pushing them off.

Just don't let this bunch with a better way bother you, we all have to work with what we have. I cut the 6 ply off with a serated Buck pocket knife. a sawall would have been quicker but I don't have one.

• Like 3

Jeff-C175
11 hours ago, TJ Salyers said:

what did I do

Since you asked, and seem to want to know, I'll tell you a story, maybe you can get something out of it.

When I was about your age, a neighbor gave me an old rusted out '59 Impala to fool around with.

It was bad, basically worthless, but he said it DID RUN, except it had no battery.  I wanted to drive it around in the fields.

So, I took the jumper cables out of Mom's trunk, hooked 'em up to the two cars... and still NO BATTERY in the Impala... and tried to start it.

All it would do is CLICK... but no turn over, no start, ... I was pretty ignorant then and surmised that the starter in the Impala was bad.

So I took it out and put it on the garage floor and hooked up the cables to it and it damn near broke my foot as it spun and zoomed itself across the floor.

OK, so I figured that the starter was OK but the engine was seized... so I proceeded to take the engine apart.  Yeah, like I had a clue how to put it back together...

Well... long story short, my neighbor called me an idiot.  Told me that those cheap crap jumper cables wouldn't have worked even if there was a battery in the Impala.

And I learned from him calling me an idiot.  And the car never did get put back together and got towed away a couple years later.

I basically ruined a running car, even if it was rusty.  I WAS an idiot.  In fact, I probably still am !

• Excellent 1

Snoopy11
2 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

idiot

Idiots are the ones who never learn.

When people invest time in you, give you advice, etc... yet it never has positive outcomes... things become silly and humorous.

Some people may think that remembering past mistakes does not prove anything. I disagree. It proves that you always have room to learn, both from your experiences, and from what others are telling you.

Making mistakes is okay, as long as you seek to improve and not do the same thing over and over.

Don

Thor27
12 hours ago, TJ Salyers said:

Since it always comes from the same source, he may just have a crush on you. 

• Haha 1

Thor27

BTW, I let a kid (relative term) from my work use my shop to work on his quad. He cut the tires off in a similar manor. I gave him a hard time because I have a beadbuster and left it out for him.

I Found out If you work CARFULLY 

with a cut off wheel on a grinder you can remove that without marring the wheel, just do shallow cuts, and attack at 20-30 degrees not 90.  And be carefull because you can damage a rim pretty quick. It's going to be messy and smell aweful. But it is an easy recovery.

TJ5208
1 minute ago, Thor27 said:

BTW, I let a kid (relative term) from my work use my shop to work on his quad. He cut the tires off in a similar manor. I gave him a hard time because I have a beadbuster and left it out for him.

I Found out If you work CARFULLY 

with a cut off wheel on a grinder you can remove that without marring the wheel, just do shallow cuts, and attack at 20-30 degrees not 90.  And be carefull because you can damage a rim pretty quick. It's going to be messy and smell aweful. But it is an easy recovery.

I used a screwdriver and a mallet and poked the screw driver throught it a million times.

Snoopy11
5 hours ago, Thor27 said:

Since it always comes from the same source, he may just have a crush on you. 

Crush GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Will Ferrell Elf GIF by Greetings | Love you meme

:scared-eek: @Jeff-C175 :scared-yipes:

Don

Edited by Snoopy11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

kpinnc
On 11/13/2022 at 1:10 PM, Snoopy11 said:

Idiots are the ones who never learn.

I've often we learn from our mistakes. If that were true, I'd be a certified genius.

I've always wanted to create a scale- from newbie idiot all the way to shop master tech. Each level would have verifiable tasks to master. Might be funny to create a thread for ideas? Also might be interesting to see where we all stack up. 

• Haha 2