Toolmanbill

No spark 314-8

Toolmanbill

Hi guys.still having electrical issues.replaced both pto switches and everything seemed fine for 2days then issues started happening again.very difficult time starting but once it did even without the pto engaged soon as I got off the seat the motor shut off.finally started it and started to mow and everything seemed ok but I didn’t get off the seat and lasted about an hour and a half.had to get off and the motor shut off.went back out to finish and now there seems to be no battery power.the motor won’t crank the idiot lights won’t light.looking at the wiring diagram could it be the seat relay(not the switch)?and could anyone tell me where that is?also the oil level relay?

model 73400

serial 4901795

oldlineman

Using the wiring diagrams here,  you just have to chase the voltage from the battery through the switch to the starter. Not that hard, I did it several months ago and was very east. Need a 12V test light or a voltmeter,I find a test light works better for me. Bob

gwest_ca

Check the 25 amp fuse. That is the main fuse and powers the idiot lamp test switch.

• Like 2

peter lena

@Toolmanbill  take advantage  of what works , and go from there , agree with test light , and fuse check / corrosive areas. could easily have a safety switch issue , , cracked  powdery  connections , the fact that you run , and then fail suggests connection  fault issues . this is not a 1 and done  fix , its a collective wire / switch / connection issue . after starting , while running , move some connections , what makes it quit?  probable have multiple shut down spots  . have any ALLIGATOR CLIP TEST WIRES ?  used those on my horses  to make things work , pete