Snoopy11

Ahoy! Where's my finger tip?

squonk
11 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

People wonder why I am cranky.   

You do it so well I thought it came natural to you! :)

Tie ladders off. I had 2 guys working on a roof in a downtown building 3 rd floor. You crawl out a window on the 2nd floor and there is (was ) a ladder stored there to get to the main roof. They were there on a snowy/rainy/windy day. They called me on the radio to come down and give them a hand. I get there and the ladder is laying on the roof and they are up there soaked and shivering. Taught them a good lesson! :lol:

Edited by squonk
  • Haha 2

Horse Newbie

I worked at the school maintenance in our county for 16 years… high school and junior high school students would relocate your ladder while you were on the roof !…

:lol:

• Haha 4

The Freightliner Guy

@Snoopy11 look what @Evguys profile pic is now 

Edited by The Freightliner Guy

Handy Don
12 hours ago, cafoose said:

image.png.294baee59e05b8b6d2865bd4fba91da8.png

This is a sobering event. Lotsa questions.

• Like 1

Jeff-C175
22 hours ago, Snoopy11 said:

complete numbness in what is left of that finger... when I press on what is left of the fingertip... I cannot feel anything.

When a bandsaw blade decided that I didn't need my entire thumb, it went about halfway through the bone.  The doctors managed to save the finger, but like you said, completely numb on the part that was left.  This was around 1976 or so.

It took about ten years, but 'most' of the feeling is back now.  It was an odd feeling when the nerves were learning to work again, like something was 'tickling' the end of my finger.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Jeff-C175
16 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

think about what could go wrong.

I call it 'seeing into the future'.

And I might add, learn to LISTEN! to that little voice in your head telling you to STOP! immediately!!!

That little voice gets louder when you train yourself to HEAR it !  Some call that voice your "Guardian Angel" trying to protect you.

I can relate two incidents when I'm absoulutely 100% positive that my guardian angel saved me...

1. I was about 12 years old and playing at a local lake where they had a 'spillway' with concrete walls about 25 feet high.  There was no fence.  We used to fish for Shad in the pool at the bottom of the spillway.  I was standing on the edge fishing when a gust of wind made me lose my balance.  I tried to catch myself but realized I was going down.  When... alla sudden, someone grabbed my shirt and pulled me back.  I fell backwards on my a55.  And... there was nobody near me!  That 25' fall to concrete surely would have killed me, and if not, I would have drowned.  There was probably a verbal warning, but I didn't hear it... yet.

2. I was on a cross street to a local highway waiting for the light to change.  I was second in line to a pickup truck.  The light changed and I CLEARLY heard my Grandmother's voice yell: "WAIT!!!!! THAT GUY IS GOING TO GET HIT!!!" And it shocked me !  It was LOUD!!!  And I didn't proceed... and sure enough, some fool was running that red light and broadsided the pickup truck.  As the car that hit him spun around it missed the front of my truck by probably less than a foot or so.  Nobody was killed thankfully.

So folks, whether you believe in angels or not...  LISTEN TO THAT LITTLE VOICE!  TRAIN YOUSELF TO HEAR IT! 

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Stormin
18 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Stop thinking you can keep doing everything you did when you were 18. 

I don't have to think about it. I need to remember it. Little incident today in the workshop. Lying down on my side refitting the drain plug in the B80 trans, reached round behind me and up for a rag, rather quickly. Immediately felt dizzy, sick and broke into a sweat. Went into the house on unsteady legs. That finished me for the day. Took quite a while to recover.

Not the first time something like this has happened. I NEED to remember to get up SLOWLY.

Edited by Stormin
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

sjoemie himself
20 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

How am I gonna do this and not drill through my finger?”

Not to worry. Just drill all the way through, you'll have not one but two drain holes. Speeds up the drainage :ychain:

• Haha 3