Sign in to follow this  
David65

voltage rectifer/regulator for C-160

David65

Hello all, first time poster here. We have a '73 or '74 C-160 with the Kohler 16HP engine. It was running a few days ago and there was some smoke coming from the rectifier/regulator area. After seeing the plastic connector was fairly melted, I removed the rectifier/regulator and discovered it's shorted between the B+ and one AC terminal. There's also some discoloration around the terminals. I then measured the voltage coming from the stator. Got about 16V at idle, ~33V at high rpm. No continuity from either lead to ground, so the stator looks ok. Question is, does anyone know the p/n for the rectifier/regulator, and/or where to get one? Info is:

Kohler 16HP

Model # K341S

Spec # 71128a

On the part itself it says "REPCO FG-4175", dated 8/73. I did some internet searching but couldn't find the 4175 number. The local Kohler dealer wasn't a whole lot of help, either.

Any info would be appreciated. :thumbs2:

Thanks

David

nylyon

Toro part number: 101450

Check eBay they have them there often, but are available new $$

:thumbs2:

TT

:thumbs2:

If you're not insistent on keeping it "original", there a really good deal on a replacement version on eBay.

bo dawg

:thumbs2: A new original part is expensive, but can get lucky and find a used one reasonable. If TT say's the one he's showing on ebay will work I might go with that for $32.