budman2

315 & 312 Overhead valve engines

budman2

Hi everyone I am at me wits end with these two toro wheel horse tractors and would like some input Please! I have a 2003 and a 2001 15hp & 121/2 hp respectively, that will not start! all I have done is thrown new parts at them and still no start! can't even get them to turn over! I have replaced everything from battery, ignition switch, solenoid and still nothing! The only thing I have not replaced is the ignition module and that is because it cost about $110. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks budman2  Been repairing and restoring these for about 20 years buy never had this kind of problem! Is it just these overhead valve engines that do this kind of stuff? There are way too many safety switches also, even on the shifter! don't know if I can bypass these or not! Help Please!!!!!

Edited by budman2
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

What are the model numbers and serial numbers of your tractors?

budman2

73429 /  210000303 and the other has no numbers on the seat pan but it is a 2003 model according to the engine!!!!!

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Here is the wiring for the 2001 312-8. The download has a diagram for each major circuit so easy to follow

Is this the other one?

2003 315-8 Garden Tractor model 73450 Serial 230000001-230999999

gwest_ca

There are some detailed checking procedures for some of the switches and electronic components. If you run into one let us know and will link you to what we can.

budman2

Thanks for your help guys! I will try and figure this stuff out tomorrow! Wiring is my weakness, budman2

• Like 1

budman2

wiring is my weakness, it will never run again!!!!!!!!!!