Skwerl58

Installed new switch and need volt meter wire info

Skwerl58

I have istalled a new switch in my gt14 and rewired most of it. It has been switched to battery ignition and I installed a new switch, 103-990 and installed a new harness, electric fuel pump and most are new wires. I have a wire from the volt meter that I do not where it attaches, can someone please fill me in. I was just going to get it running but now want the volt meter working before I try to fire it up. Thanks! 1047606409_ammeterwire.jpg.de9037f6fb8cf6a555eab313b0cca222.jpg

Edited by Skwerl58

gwest_ca

Do you have a voltmeter or an ammeter? They are wired differently.

What is on the face of the gauge? or how is it calibrated?

Skwerl58

Here is what it looks like. Thanks for the help!

gt14 gauge.jpg

Moonshine*Connoisseur

That's an Amp meter, I'd get rid of that and replace it with a volt meter. Amp meters can cause a fire, especially an older one. A volt meter would be more relevant anyways.

• Excellent 2

953 nut

So you relocated the AMP METER to the dash board rather than the tower. The wiring would be the same as the wiring diagram, negative side to the "B" terminal on your ignition switch and positive side to the battery. For safety sake I would add a 30 amp fuse between the battery and the amp meter.

Skwerl58

Thanks for the info. The amp meter was there when I got it. If I replace the dash plate I will move it back to the tower. 

• Like 1

Skwerl58

With my ignition being changed to the battery ignition would your info be correct 953nut? The b on the switch goes to the same as the battery positive  on the solenoid so is this correct????

953 nut

Yes, the heavy battery cable "+" terminal goes to one side of the solenoid and a smaller wire connects to the "B" terminal of your ignition switch. That is the wire I feel should be fused at 30 amps to prevent an electrical fire.