bswet1

Ed Kennell
27 minutes ago, R Scheer said:

I'll disagree with Ed Kennell on the power. 

I'll admit, I have never used a two stage.    It is possible the twins require less power than the singles where the auger is used to pump the snow.

I ran both short and tall chute singles on a C-120H  for years.      The 12HP did move the snow, but in the heavy stuff it took some fine tuning of the forward motion to keep the  auger RPM up at design.

When I put a tall chute on a 520,  power was not an issue.   

BTW, due to a lack of snow, I replaced the blowers with a 54" plow on the 520H and a 48" plow in the 312H.   

I do recommend a hydro with lift for any snow machine...blower or plow.      And a foot control is really an asset to free up the left hand to operate the hydo lift.

My snow removal is on 5 small (50X100 ft) driveways close to buildings and vehicles.   I probably raise and lower the plow and reverse direction hundreds of times while clearing these driveways.  So a gear drive and manual lift would not be practical.      On a long straight driveway, a gear drive and manual lift would be fine. 

F. Marra 17
15 hours ago, R Scheer said:

I'll disagree with Ed Kennell on the power.  I've run the duece on my 312h for the last 30 years, and it suits my needs without any issues.  It depends on how much area you're clearing, and the type of snow you get.  More power would be nice, but I wouldn't underestimate the 312, just take it slow and it will do the job.  Just my opinion.

The blower is a beast however, I've arranged the shed so I can drive in and drop the blower for the summer, drive in and attach it for the winter.  Manual lift will be interesting, if I remember right it's 350 pounds.  

I forgot my manners, welcome to Red Square!  You'll have a hard time finding a more helpful group.

I bought the house and the previous owner had the 2 sheds in the far corner of the property. useable but not worth moving. the dream is a detached garage for my tractor and toys so i can drive and drop the attachments on level ground. one day. for now, its the crane and whatever else i come up with.  Power with the 14 hp is sufficient in both wet and dry snow for the 2 stage.  It ate through 20" of heavy stuff last winter without a problem.  we got dumped on in central jersey end of january.

wh4.jpg

wh5.jpg

• Like 2

bswet1
1 hour ago, F. Marra 17 said:

I bought the house and the previous owner had the 2 sheds in the far corner of the property. useable but not worth moving. the dream is a detached garage for my tractor and toys so i can drive and drop the attachments on level ground. one day. for now, its the crane and whatever else i come up with.  Power with the 14 hp is sufficient in both wet and dry snow for the 2 stage.  It ate through 20" of heavy stuff last winter without a problem.  we got dumped on in central jersey end of january.

wh4.jpg

wh5.jpg

Good idea on the salt "spreader".... I may have to do that. 

• Like 1

oliver2-44
On 10/6/2022 at 8:33 AM, F. Marra 17 said:

wh2.jpg

How about a few more pictures of you "crane" next time you have it mounted. Especially how it attaches to tractor.  did you build the crane pole, or what was it in its previous life? 

• Excellent 1

F. Marra 17
On 10/8/2022 at 9:35 AM, oliver2-44 said:

How about a few more pictures of you "crane" next time you have it mounted. Especially how it attaches to tractor.  did you build the crane pole, or what was it in its previous life? 

Next time i mount it I will upload some pictures.

• Thanks 2

WheelHorse_Kid

:text-welcomewave:

EB-80/8inPA
On 10/6/2022 at 8:27 AM, bswet1 said:

No offense taken. It makes sense as to what you are saying- I wasn't sure why this had this blower on it as I thought it was a little big itself. 

Now, you’ve already got a reason to get another WH!  See how that works?  Have fun!