"Manic-Mechanic"

Snapper 1650 3pt & pto

"Manic-Mechanic"

I see a Snapper 1650 for sale (Massey) with a Deck, Cab and Snow thrower. (factory 3pt cat 0 2000 rpm) Also has Front pto and mid lift hydraulics.I am thinking about possibly running my Wheel Horse attachments from my 18 Auto.

Rototiller and Finish Mower? sale 1,200.00

snapper 1650 6.jpg

snapper 1650 5.jpg

snapper 1650 1.jpg

snapper 1650 2.jpg

1650A.pdf Series-1650 Parts.pdf Snapper 48 Deck 7080299.xlsx Snapper Series-1600-1650-1855-Service.pdf

Edited by "Manic-Mechanic"
  • Like 3

Pullstart
35 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

You should move this to classified listings.     https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/non-wheel-horse/

I think he’s talking about buying the Snapper to run his 18 Auto attachments?

@WHX?? and @Achto’s buddy Massey Jason has one or two of those Snappers.  They are beasts!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Sad 1

WHX??

Yes they are beasts. 1200 might be a tad high since they are Onan powered so check the motor over carefully. They are not a easy tractor to wrench on either.

I had a 1850 from my dad's  estate someone put a 20 Onan in. Ran good but no three point. Just a blower that was a project. You should be able to run any after market 3 pt implements but the belly motor is Snapper specific. These were made by a company that escapes me now and was also sold to and yes badged for Massey Ferguson which our tractor buddy collects. He's got a MF 1850 he did frame off resto on and dropped a 22 predator in it. A real beast and plows with it.

20211106_090702.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

oliver2-44

@pacer has experience with those. i believe he has the 1850's which are even more capable.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

"Manic-Mechanic"
9 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Yes they are beasts. 1200 might be a tad high since they are Onan powered so check the motor over carefully. They are not a easy tractor to wrench on either.

I had a 1850 from my dad's  estate someone put a 20 Onan in. Ran good but no three point. Just a blower that was a project. You should be able to run any after market 3 pt implements but the belly motor is Snapper specific. These were made by a company that escapes me now and was also sold to and yes badged for Massey Ferguson which our tractor buddy collects. He's got a MF 1850 he did frame off resto on and dropped a 22 predator in it. A real beast and plows with it.

20211106_090702.jpg

Very nice Tractor! Yes, this has a K341. I got his number will call during business hours tomorrow.

"Manic-Mechanic"
11 hours ago, 953 nut said:

You should move this to classified listings.     https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/classifieds/non-wheel-horse/

No! then people will ask me for the information and I want it! Lol. Especially since it has a K341!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

WHX??

A 341??? Really? I thought they were all Onan  powered but could be wrong. A repo possibly?? 

I can put you in touch with Massey Jason if you like. He knows everything ther is to know about them and may be able to give you some pointers to look for if you go to kick tires. 

I used mine to blow a couple of times and it was a worker. Blew sno like the dickens for a single but I woulda wanted to turn it into a project and got too many horse projects now! :wh:

20180127_124426.jpg

20171216_100052.jpg

Whoops first pic a 520.... oh well.. enjoy 😉 

I think Richard was confused and you wanted to sell one. Give him a little latitude he's old... :ychain:

I got 500 for mine plus a crusty old 704. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
33 minutes ago, "Manic-Mechanic" said:

No! then people will ask me for the information and I want it! Lol. Especially since it has a K341!

Sorry, I didn't read your first post closely enough.            :hide:

• Haha 2

"Manic-Mechanic"
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

A 341??? Really? I thought they were all Onan  powered but could be wrong. A repo possibly?? 

I can put you in touch with Massey Jason if you like. He knows everything ther is to know about them and may be able to give you some pointers to look for if you go to kick tires. 

I used mine to blow a couple of times and it was a worker. Blew sno like the dickens for a single but I woulda wanted to turn it into a project and got too many horse projects now! :wh:

20180127_124426.jpg

20171216_100052.jpg

Whoops first pic a 520.... oh well.. enjoy 😉 

I think Richard was confused and you wanted to sell one. Give him a little latitude he's old... :ychain:

I got 500 for mine plus a crusty old 704. 

Yes, I know he knew and that I knew he knows..... Yes, put me in touch with Jason, I will go kick tires on it and he can even deliver. 12 is kinda high tho', but k341  is comforting. My 18 Auto just loves keeping my on my toes! I just finished up with rebuilds on the hydro component's, finding parts was so much fun!

WHX??
15 minutes ago, "Manic-Mechanic" said:

finding parts was so much fun!

Snappers & MFs parts can be had if you know where to look but like Cases or even horses everything is so buried just to get at a leaky HY fitting makes them tough to wrench on. 

• Excellent 1

"Manic-Mechanic"
54 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Snappers & MFs parts can be had if you know where to look but like Cases or even horses everything is so buried just to get at a leaky HY fitting makes them tough to wrench on. 

The other day I had to repair a 6" brake line on my dodge. The obscure fittings are no longer sold. The 40.00 factory line with the fittings in place, no longer sold. I ended up going to a shop I know of and he had these obscure, no longer sold fitting's. He still gets them from somewhere, certainly not Mopar! This is only a 2002 dakota.

Handy Don
13 hours ago, "Manic-Mechanic" said:

This is only a 2002 dakota.

Only? 

I know the feeling, but that is 20 years! Think of all the models and the corporate upheavals the company-formerly-known-as-Chrysler's been through in 20 years and it makes sense.

• Like 1

"Manic-Mechanic"

So, yes they have been through a lot!