DZG

Peerless 2300

DZG

Can anyone tell me the most popular, easy (cheap lol) tractors to obtain a peerless 2300 from?

The one in my yardman project has a crack in the case. Its actually a 2337...if that matters....4speed trans.

I may have to hit up some GT salvage yards.

• Sad 1

Pullstart

Well that’s no fun!

Pullstart

I have the transmission out of the Craftsman that Briggs came from.  Do you have any pictures of what it looks like?  I could likely post some too and you can tell me if they are the same 

DZG
10 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

I have the transmission out of the Craftsman that Briggs came from.  Do you have any pictures of what it looks like?  I could likely post some too and you can tell me if they are the same 

This isnt mine as mines still in the tractor. My dad was helping me put the motor in yesterday and mentioned about the cracked case....which is why he parked it i guess lol. 

20200125_181008 - Copy.jpg

Im gonna try to maybe JB weld it or possibly see if this guy i know whos an amazing welder can weld it...but just kinda puttin feelers out for what ill be up against. I know it was/is a very common trans.

Even if the shifter is different or the perch mounts are different its not a big deal as all that stuff can be swapped off my current case. Ill get some pics of mine tmw. But the pic above is a 2300.

Edited by DZG

DZG

@Pullstart i did some quick research. Im pretty sure the tractor that engine came off of was a Craftsman GTV 11. It ran a 3 speed trans with varidrive. 

Did it look like this?

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by DZG

Pullstart

Yup, that was the one!

Pullstart

Looks different indeed.

F67A88EF-80E2-4DAE-844D-A8626161B65F.jpeg

5ECB1CBF-DE3C-49CE-808D-BC12CDB6214F.jpeg

B9A3D49E-9751-400F-BD0B-CAFAEB195961.jpeg

97986490-0707-4CA8-9A02-FA1539E101D9.jpeg

• Like 1

DZG

Unfourtantly yes thats way different lol.

Looks like john deere ran them in basically everything from 75-87 according to tractordata....so thats probably my best avenue of attack if i cant save this one.

But thanks for checking!

• Like 1

pfrederi

So did Ford in their Garden Tractors

• Like 1

DZG
10 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

So did Ford in their Garden Tractors

Im guessing the LGT series tractors?

pfrederi

Ford 80 and 100 for sure.  Both built by Jacobsen

Mike'sHorseBarn

Pretty much every sears garden tractor has a peerless, John Deere's from the round fender 110's and 112's used a peerless, as mentioned ford used them as well as jacobsen, I have a speedex that has a peerless 2300 in it. I think a lot of older MTD's had them. There's a lot of options for you out there to find a peerless 2300 tranny. The issue will be the cases had different locations for bolting up and some of the cutch and brake hardware is different. The shift levers are different too, but that's an easy swap from your old one to a new one.

Hope you find what you need!

• Like 3

DZG
2 hours ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

Pretty much every sears garden tractor has a peerless, John Deere's from the round fender 110's and 112's used a peerless, as mentioned ford used them as well as jacobsen, I have a speedex that has a peerless 2300 in it. I think a lot of older MTD's had them. There's a lot of options for you out there to find a peerless 2300 tranny. The issue will be the cases had different locations for bolting up and some of the cutch and brake hardware is different. The shift levers are different too, but that's an easy swap from your old one to a new one.

Hope you find what you need!

Good info on the clutch and brake stuff....i didnt know that.

• Like 1