matt monte

308-8 restomod

SylvanLakeWH

:clap:

Achto

Looks Awesome!!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Becoming a supporter will cure your limited photo issue.

https://www.wheelhorseforum.com/store/

Edited by Achto
  • Like 1

953 nut
7 hours ago, matt monte said:

im waiting for some eagle eyed expert here to take notice of a subtle change i made.

:text-coolphotos:            You did a very nice job, I like the white band around the hood rather than the maroon, makes it stand out from the rest of the herd.        :text-bravo:

• Like 3

Pullstart

Great work!  I too like the red/white retro look.  Well done!

Does the modification have anything to do with the steering?

• Like 1

edgro

Great job, I like the white deck wheels and black lift linkages. I see something blue below pto pulley in 3rd pic, can't tell what that is

matt monte

the blue you see is a shut off valve for neater oil changes. idea was good put i didnt take into account it hits pto belt. It put blue dust from the brand new belt wearing against it. i went to remove the 90 1/2 in pipe and it of course now hit PTO. rather than remove everything, i cut it off and plugged it. if i would of just used a 90 street, none of this would of happened. the modification i was hinting at was hood. i painstakingly welded seem on hood to give her a cleaner look. came out okay but way to much work. tons of hours just in the hood. bondo would of eventually cracked so i had to weld her completely.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Sparky

That sucker looks great!! Those decals are a real nice touch as well. 
  I have a 308 and it’s a real nice runner that I didn’t think I would like… but I have been using it for all sorts of chores other than mowing. Even dragged it to a couple tractor/ machinery shows. 

5AA265D7-5A9E-4377-AC80-2D40D268A7E6.jpeg

• Like 1

matt monte

nice bro. i like the style of those older wheels on the tractor next to ur 308. im buying a parts tractor next week just for those wheels. gonna use them on the B80 i scored that will be my next resto 

Pullstart
On 9/27/2022 at 10:30 AM, matt monte said:

hinting at was hood. i painstakingly welded seem on hood to give her a cleaner look. came out okay but way to much work. tons of hours just in the hood. bondo would of eventually cracked so i had to weld her completely.

I feel your pain!  I did that in 2018 to my round hood refresh.  Not the best job ever, but it is only rippled in sunlight.  My next body work weld job took way more time and came out much nicer.

Tack, peen, grind, repeat!

BF1156E2-8AA6-435D-BFC2-7C11A5EF358B.jpeg

matt monte

came out great. im a fan of the black wheels

• Thanks 1