Snoopy11

Not a :wh:... but...

We are not worthy... :bow-blue:

1045894640_emojibowing.gif.b01e28d5e5ec6e7274fa8f610b1bd234.gif

Don

• Thanks 1

Vinylguy
44 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

I should finish up this thread I guess...  big shout out to Terry @Vinylguy for the excellent job on the labels!

This old girl has a (measured, yes, I own instruments capable of making the measurement) THD % just slightly higher than the electric service to the home.

The POCO service measured at 3.6%, this genset measured 4.5%, and the newer Generac GP5500 that I have measures about 7%.

I think the reason this one is so good is the type of voltage regulation used.  It's 'analog', a current sensing transformer, bridge rectifier, and capacitor feeding the field winding.

The Generac uses one of those potted AVR modules and from what I can tell, NO current (load) sensing at all, simply voltage sensing, and probably uses a 'chopper' circuit of some sort and that's the reason the AC waveform on the Generac appears 'jagged'.

It also surprises me the sheer SIZE of the generator head on the 3600W Homelite being easily TWICE the size and weight of the 5500W head on the Generac.

Makes me wonder if the generator output in this case is more related to the horsepower of the engine.  The K301 is putting about 7 HP to the wheels at 1800 RPM, the Generac is unknown horsepower, but it's running at 3600 RPM. 

Fuel tank refinished and mounted:

Air cleaner too:

Hour meter installed in one of the 'knockouts' on the panel.  Going to dig through my junque boxe and see if I can come up with some analog AC voltmeters to fill the other two holes... maybe ammeters... if I have them, dunno...

Thank you Terry!

Looks fantastic. Glad the Decals worked for you.

44 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1