squonk

Grader Blade comparison

squonk

I've been talking about how much better an Allis-Chalmers / Simplicity grader blade works for heavy work.:hide::hide::hide: Well I got both here at the Tweety Bird Ranch and got them torn apart so I decided to weight the blades. The Std. 40" WH mid grader that attaches at the mid hitch has a blade that weighs 16.5 lbs by itself with out the mounting bracket and is rolled steel.

20220826_133754.jpg

The AC blade is 42" and is cast iron. It weighs in without the mounts at a whopping 48 lbs. 3 times that of a WH blade

20220826_133912.jpg

I have used both blades and the heavy blade  doesn't bounce around like the WH blade. If you ever run across one and it's reasonably priced I suggest you buy it. Well worth it. Easily adapted to use on a Horse. Here is the mount with a fabricated adapter. The first blade I had I bolted this on but this time I had the pads welded to the mount and just bolted on adapter thingy's. Doesn't really hurt the value if an AC collector comes along and offers stupid money for it! :)

2050828574_bladeadapter.jpg.d6db4ff371caa1399fefbc8e02a5bf43.jpg

Edited by squonk
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Achto

I fully agree with you. The Simplicity grader blade is built better and seems to work better than the :wh: blade.

• Like 4

clueless
On 9/18/2022 at 2:28 PM, squonk said:

I've been talking about how much better an Allis-Chalmers / Simplicity grader blade works for heavy work.:hide::hide::hide: Well I got both here at the Tweety Bird Ranch and got them torn apart so I decided to weight the blades. The Std. 40" WH mid grader that attaches at the mid hitch has a blade that weighs 16.5 lbs by itself with out the mounting bracket and is rolled steel.

20220826_133754.jpg

The AC blade is 42" and is cast iron. It weighs in without the mounts at a whopping 48 lbs. 3 times that of a WH blade

20220826_133912.jpg

I have used both blades and the heavy blade  doesn't bounce around like the WH blade. If you ever run across one and it's reasonably priced I suggest you buy it. Well worth it. Easily adapted to use on a Horse. Here is the mount with a fabricated adapter. The first blade I had I bolted this on but this time I had the pads welded to the mount and just bolted on adapter thingy's. Doesn't really hurt the value if an AC collector comes along and offers stupid money for it! :)

2050828574_bladeadapter.jpg.d6db4ff371caa1399fefbc8e02a5bf43.jpg

Some more pictures would be appreciated.

squonk
12 minutes ago, clueless said:

Some more pictures would be appreciated.

Here's a grainy pic when I had it set up like a back blade on Lil' Red

th_DSCF0878.jpg

post-2380-0-43230700-1345581058.jpg

I bought this Roach Coach last year just for the blade I saw peeking out

image.png.e385b31824592b9df7d550d09d5b7d50.png

mb2.jpg.9efa8ec3259317dd64a297986278d499.jpg

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Don't call the Waldomobile a roach coach. Or is that the Waldomobile's cousin ?

• Haha 2

squonk
3 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Don't call the Waldomobile a roach coach. Or is that the Waldomobile's cousin ?

Cousin from another planet! The Waldomobile was a Fleetwood Bro-ham compared to this thing! :)

• Haha 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Weather is starting get fall like so I hope that I can give waldomobile a transplant with out cussing. Ha ha

• Excellent 1