Dadof2

HH-100 115145C Carb Replacement

creighton trimble

If the plug is wet you should be looking at the float level......

Removing and Cleaning the bowl is regular maintenance the main circuit is fed from the center of that bowl.....

• Like 2

Handy Don

I don't think anyone mentioned checking the air filter. A heavily clogged filter not only reduces air flow, it causes the carb to try to pull extra fuel into the combustion chamber.

• Like 2

ineedanother
22 hours ago, creighton trimble said:

If the plug is wet you should be looking at the float level......

Removing and Cleaning the bowl is regular maintenance the main circuit is fed from the center of that bowl.....

I had typed something similar earlier but thought better of it before I submitted it. I just couldn't square the choke keeping it running and the wet plug when it failed to come up with float adjustment. I was thinking more like the float wasn't floating. Not sinking as in gas-filled, but binding in the bowl somehow sticking whether up or down. I would drop the bowl and have a look. 

Dadof2

I finally got back to it and the new spark plug did not fix my problem. I checked and I am not getting a spark so I believe that the coil is toast. I will open a new thread about this. Thank you all for your help!