bumpsteer

Went to look at a deere and fell in love with a horse with question

bumpsteer

Hi to one and all. Just signed on here at 1:20 AM. I know but back was hurting and could not sleep. To much yard work I guess. Any who I got me a horse today. Its a C101 with a mow deck. When I get it home Saturday Ill know more about it. Here is the deal, I will intro myself and post photos along with the story of how I found this diamond and for a week and a half could not get it off my mind but for now I have a question because I need to put this thing to work. What type for sleeve hitch or clevis hitch does the C101 take are they still made by anyone? If not are there some good photos on line that I could use to make one? I have the equipment and skills to do this. All for now I am sure there will be more and thanks in advance.

Doug 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

"D"- Man

Doug, a Vendor on this forum has offered these for sale as an aftermarket repop.  Lowell, at Wheelhorse Parts and More. You may want to check with him.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Hey Doug, welcome to the best place for your new horse. There is a manuals section on here to. Others will chime in. 

:text-welcomeconfetti:.     :wh:

Glenn

• Like 1

ebinmaine

@bumpsteer

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:!

You'll find ALL the info and then some from the folks here. 

Incredible place.

As stated above, there are a bunch of great vendors here on the forum and also an infinite number of local guys have their own favorite places to recommend.

You've got a great model of Wheelhorse there and you'll really like it.

Very reliable and very repairable.

Take a few minutes (or hours) to look around the site.....

• Like 1

rjg854

:WRS:

KC9KAS

@bumpsteer :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

953 nut

Here is a bit of reading material that will keep you going until Saturday.                                     :wwp:

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Retired Wrencher

Doug :WRS: as you can see great help here. every thing about your tractor is in one place HERE. Good job on  the post Richard aka 953 nut .

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the :rs:     IMO, the C series were the best Wheel Horse tractors made.    Although I am not a fan of the rocker plate engine mount on the C-xx1.

You are correct, in addition to the standard drawbar hitch,  there is a cast steel sleeve hitch  that takes a 3/8" X 3" flat bar and a Brinley style fabricated steel clevis hitch.  

I have sleeve hitches, but not the clevis hitch.   Someone will probably be able to get a pic and dimensions  for the clevis hitch.  As stated above, new clevis hitches are available from a vendor on this site.

My C-101 that I sold yesterday.... reducing the herd.

IMG_1809.JPG.aa295597c135c690c19ec41d7d77f8dd.JPG

• Like 6

Achto

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

WHX??

bumpsteer

Thanks for all the welcomes and thank you 953 nut for the downloads. I will bet they will come in handy. Ed that is a darn good looking C101. I doubt mine will ever look that good but one never knows. I have restored a few cars and trucks in my days so I might just take on this tractor but first have to make sure it is running proper and put it to use. 

Doug

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

posifour11
3 minutes ago, bumpsteer said:

Thanks for all the welcomes and thank you 953 nut for the downloads. I will bet they will come in handy. Ed that is a darn good looking C101. I doubt mine will ever look that good but one never knows. I have restored a few cars and trucks in my days so I might just take on this tractor but first have to make sure it is running proper and put it to use. 

Doug

Where are you going to keep the next one? WHD is real and there is no cure. But, who would want to be cured?

• Like 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, posifour11 said:

Where are you going to keep the next one? WHD is real and there is no cure. But, who would want to be cured?

Oh yeah... @bumpsteer.... 

That's true. That's a thing.

2 years ago I got a Wheelhorse at the recommendation of a shop friend.

I am now working on getting my third one to my house.

Horses are - clearly - a herd animal.

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

oliver2-44

Go to the" Implement Section" here and at the top there is a file "Some Drawings"  there is a drawing of a clevis hitch that has all the dimensions needed to build one.

• Thanks 1

bumpsteer

WoW, thanks oliver2-44. I just checked out that section and file. Some good stuff there. I am chomping at the bit to get the tractor home now. Had to go over to my sons house and unload my trailer so I can use it to get the WH home. Alos went ahead and became a supporter. This is a great site.

Doug

• Excellent 7
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
48 minutes ago, bumpsteer said:

WoW, thanks oliver2-44. I just checked out that section and file. Some good stuff there. I am chomping at the bit to get the tractor home now. Had to go over to my sons house and unload my trailer so I can use it to get the WH home. Alos went ahead and became a supporter. This is a great site.

Doug

Doug, you'll also find that there's about 47 zillion other things that these members are knowledgeable about.

Pretty much every single one of us has more than one Little Wheelhorse Hobby.

Thank you for becoming a supporter.

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

Welcome to Red Square!! 

If you are interested in the sleeve hitch, just some info for you. The one Lowell builds is heavier duty than the original, so you might find a used one cheaper, but Lowell's is a better quality. 

Randy

ebinmaine
27 minutes ago, RandyLittrell said:

but Lowell's is a better quality. 

You'll find that of other things Lowell sells as well.

Top shelf stuff.

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:@bumpsteer and thanks for becoming a Supporter!!!  We love the color Red.