Builderchris

C100? Need help in identifying my new purchase.

Builderchris

I need some help. I just purchased 3 garden tractors, plus implements, from a guy on Craigslist and I'm having difficulty identifying one of them. It looks to me like it's a C100, but honestly for all I know it could be a Raider10 or a charger10 just as easily. I'm really not sure. The tag under the dashboard reads, Model T10, Serial # 329650. When I googled Wheel Horse T10 I got nothing. Can one of you great Wheel Horse guru's help me out?

Thanks 

Chris

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum

329650 looks like a 1967 serial number.

What transmission does it have?

3 forward speeds model 1057

6 forward speeds model 1067

hydro model 1077

Will guess the T10 is missing the last 2 digits and the T is not used.

Garry

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:

A couple of pictures could be helpful.   For that matter we would kind of like to see the others too.        :wwp:

Builderchris

DSCN3556 (2).JPG

DSCN3557.JPG

DSCN3558.JPG

DSCN3559.JPG

DSCN3560.JPG

rmaynard

Can we get a little focus on the tag?

At least we know it's a hydro. 

1967 or earlier with no foot boards.

wrong hood for '67

Builderchris

Thanks for your input Bob. I can't get a clearer picture of the tag. The T10 and the serial # is all that is showing. If I look real hard I imagine that I'm seeing a "21" after the "T10" , Ibut I know that's not possible after checking possible Wheel Horse models. I think for now I'm going to go with your suggestion of it being a 1967 model year which would make it a 1077.  I discovered it had the wrong hood when I sat the hood on the machine and discovered it was approx.  2" too short. Either the hood was too short or I was losing my marbles. The hood mounting dowel wasn't right either. 

Here's another question. I notice that there aren't any bolt holes on the side of the engine cover to cover the starter belt and pulley. could that be a clue as to what model or year this beast is? 

Have any of you guys tried cutting off the ends of the tie rods, then drilling and tapping the rods to install a couple of tie rod ends instead of replacing the whole tie rods. I'm trying not to spend too much on this machine while my other horses are crying for attention.  I've got seven horses and one John Deere in varying states of disrepair. It's just that these things don't roll very well with the front wheels going in different directions. My son has been threatening to hold an intervention for my "Garden Tractor Addiction".   

DSCN3575.JPG

DSCN3577.JPG

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, Builderchris said:

Have any of you guys tried cutting off the ends of the tie rods, then drilling and tapping the rods to install a couple of tie rod ends instead of replacing the whole tie rods.

See the link below. Great help for the tie rod question.

I'm trying not to spend too much on this machine while my other horses are crying for attention.

That's ok. Horses are patient.

I've got seven horses and one John Deere :think:

.... Well.... We can work on that...

It's just that these things don't roll very well with the front wheels going in different directions. :ROTF:

My son has been threatening to hold an intervention for my "Garden Tractor Addiction".

NO OOOOOHHHHHHHH !!!!!!

You tell him you're in a 12 step program and you only have 7 !!!!

http://post.spmailtechn.com/f/a/wXQs8tAsqNYrEoxSvk4ogw~~/AACuvwA~/RgRclJ3TP0RuaHR0cDovL3d3dy53aGVlbGhvcnNlZm9ydW0uY29tL3RvcGljLzc0NDA4LXRpZS1yb2QtdXBncmFkZS10cmFucy1wdWxsZXktcHJvYmxlbS8_ZG89ZmluZENvbW1lbnQmY29tbWVudD03MTU1NTNXA3NwY1gEAAAAAEIKAAbTGLJa0VDRsVITZWJpbm1haW5lQGdtYWlsLmNvbQ~~

Builderchris

The tall exhaust stack is for when you're driving through the deep snow? Come on Eric even though you're up nauth we know you're still a flat lander. Them is mighty big front tires you got there on that B80. It sounds more like a 4 x 4. 

Chris

ebinmaine
17 minutes ago, Builderchris said:

The tall exhaust stack is for when you're driving through the deep snow? Come on Eric even though you're up nauth we know you're still a flat lander. Them is mighty big front tires you got there on that B80. It sounds more like a 4 x 4. 

Chris

:ROTF:

The stack is MOSTLY because I like the look of it.

But it is also for keeping fumes outta my face.

I wish it was taller. (More chrome too)

No flat landers here. We literally live in the first south face of the white mountains. 

Them front monsters are to give me a little more clearance and floatability (that's a word right?) going through the rough forest.