Slickbilly-D

K482s info

Slickbilly-D

So some of you saw in my introduction post, I scattered my M14 in my 314-8. I was telling the guys at work and showing the pictures of my weekend shinnanigans when one said, “I have a Kohler motor I’ll sell you.”  I asked what it was and he said “I don’t know but it’s big.”

Turns out its a K482.  I know these fit the D series tractors, but I cannot find much info about them.  I assume it has to big of an output shaft, too heavy, and too wide of a bolt pattern to fit on my frame? Are they desirable? If I buy it for $100 can I make some money on it?

Slickbilly-D

Also they do not orientate the same, do they?

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:       It will fit right into the 314 fine. There will need to be a little rewiring done but you should be able to pull it off with no problem. Any questions feel free to post them and we will help. There are lots of twin cylinder Kohlers in :wh:. This is my 418-C which isn't pretty but runs great.

5ab6cd61cebbc_418C002.JPG.8dcc779a71d3fbfebf9d2ecf70395100.JPG

• Like 1

pfrederi

Depending on what its original use was you may find it has a very short or even tapered crankshaft.  That would not be compatible with a WH PTO

• Like 1

Slickbilly-D

Yeah I had him measure the output shaft and it’s 1.375 with a 3/8 key way.  I also got some numbers off of the tag and it seems to be out of a Jacobsen tractor of some kind.  I’m going to stick with a single cylinder

953 nut

Wish it wasn't so far away, I'd jump on that deal in a heart beat.

ericj

buy it for a $ 100.00 and resell, as long as the rods ain't broke it's worth a lot more then that. I seen a short block sell for I believe $ 250.00 and it needed rebuilt. the rods and a lot off other parts for those motors are n/a 

eric j