wolfpack

wolfpack

wolfpack

Snow thrower auger roller chain routing

I am learning to get around this program. So let's start with, what is "Tags" & where do I go to read the policy.

Question:

I am looking for a diagram of the routing of my snow thrower, Mod No. 79360- 5902412 auger roller chain . I have most manuals and diagrams. The only one that shows a useful picture is 

installation Instructions, Form No 3316-425, but it is not clear enough to read. If  there is a routing/configuration of the auger roller chain somewhere in the system, I would be grateful?

Thanks

Sarge

When you write a new post - start by giving it a title relevant to what your question/project contains, causes far less confusion on a forum.

For example - this topic should have been titled something like "snowblower chain routing" in the title line. That gives the forum members an idea of what is in the thread, helps the search engine find it later and allows folks to follow along and answer the question. I'd suggest to some of the mods to give a hand here, maybe some screenshots of how to fill in the title/tags and such along with a "why" description so new members understand how to navigate the site. Many do not use or haven't ever used a forum - they get here from search engines on the 'net and just join to get answers to something specific to their needs.

To answer your question about the blower chain routing - find the model number on the blower first. Go to the main page and find the manuals section. From there, navigate to the implements/accessories section and find the manual for your model number. Once you download/open the manual it should show enough detail to replace the chain correctly. Some do not - if that is the case you can use the search engine to find threads/topics covering that model as well as pictures from our members. Nearly everything Wheel Horse ever built is covered on this site at one time or another and the search engine works quite well. It does take some time, but you'll also be learning a lot about your equipment as you go along. 

To start, if we know what model you're working on someone will come along with pictures - that is why a title or subject description is important. Otherwise, forum members may just skip new posts that all have the same username in the title. There is a whole slew of different models of snowblowers made over the years, some were built by other makers outside of Wheel Horse as well, so a picture of yours for us to identify it or a model number gives us a starting point so other forum members can be of help.

Sarge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wallfish

"Tags" add some description to the thread title and can be used to add search words. Like:  Blower, chain, route, diagram. Not many use it but at least that's my understanding of it. Maybe someone who knows better will explain?

Being unfamiliar with all the blowers by the model number, here's a quick drawn diagram of the most common one. On all of them for horizontal PTO tractors, the chain needs to be routed so the auger gear is on the outside of the chain loop which effectively changes the direction of the rotation.

Sarge, he posted the model #  of his blower and has the manuals

Seems there were some older threads for reference using the search button but like many old posts, the pics are being held hostage by photobucket

5aae7c7f54c3c_blowerchain.jpg.dc7cea702711778c36c3c3e7c7f8c2b2.jpg

• Excellent 1

gwest_ca

Needs to be like this for proper direction of rotation.

Garry

Snowthrower chain.jpg

• Like 1

pfrederi

Here is a picture of my 42 inch blower (horizontal shaft engine)  Just used two days ago still has snow in her

IMG_0206.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

wallfish
1 hour ago, gwest_ca said:

Needs to be like this for proper direction of rotation.

Ooops, the direction of rotation is correct in the drawing but you are correct about the chain route around the bottom of the auger gear. Gives more chain contact to the gear too.

• Like 1

ztnoo

Here we go again ......... using your user name as the subject line...........facepalm.gif.b78b21855a802f19ef6cf0f5c97cf960.gifrolleyes.gif.0ac7a0212758adb11c85adbbb28f2ed1.gif

Why not use your first line of text ("Snow thrower auger roller chain routing") as the subject line instead of wolfpack:???

AMC RULES

I see lots of new users doing this...

wonder where it's coming from?  :scratchead:

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Easiest way to keep up with the routing is to do this (besides taking pictures)...

IMAG2893.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Question for @wolfpack.

What type of device(s) are you using to post?

PC, tablet, mobile phone?

I ask because I use a PC and a mobile phone which are VERY different in screen layout.

I rarely use my phone to post new topics because it's inconvenient and I'm not sure I can even use tags then...

No worries... we'll get you fixed up.

• Like 3

ztnoo
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

I see lots of new users doing this...

wonder where it's coming from?

I think a lot of it is general internet inexperience at posting in forums.

Also, lack of reading and actually studying what the format is and does before using it properly, is a factor I believe.

Somehow I also think its just a general rush to ask a question........somewhere, anywhere......without taking the time to scope out the lay of the landscape.

Also, ebinmaine may be on to something as to type of device used.

I'm always on a PC. Others operate from a smartphone which would drive me absolutely nuts to use......

What I don't "get", is the general lack of comprehension about how to title a thread appropriately in the subject line for a quick and effective response.

It's just logical to my way of thinking......

Imagine if this forum was entitled "wolfpack" and every subdivision of the forum, as well as every post was entitled "wolfpack".

Think there be any confusion about anything?

• Thanks 2

WVHillbilly520H
45 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Question for @wolfpack.

What type of device(s) are you using to post?

PC, tablet, mobile phone?

I ask because I use a PC and a mobile phone which are VERY different in screen layout.

I rarely use my phone to post new topics because it's inconvenient and I'm not sure I can even use tags then...

No worries... we'll get you fixed up.

IDK, this ole hillbilly uses an Android phone for 99.9% of my internet surfing on here posting new topics ect. if I can do it most anybody should be able to, the only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to post web links vs using screenshots but until I get "called" out on it :think:, yes it's all a learning curve but and I'm sure with enough gentle persuasion the new guys will be up to speed with some of us more experienced members, Jeff.

• Like 1

ztnoo
17 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

IDK

I have no doubt countless people here have no clue as to this text coding and its meaning.

I didn't.

Had to Goggle it.

That doesn't generally aid communication and understanding of questions and statements here at Red Square.

Just a suggestion from a texting dufus.......

I would suggest keeping everything clear and understandable for the masses, whether in a subject line, or in the body of a message.

Just on man's opinion.......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: I'm not understanding...

on man's opinion?  :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

moe1965

Took me awhile to figure out what I was doing as well.  I'm not real computer literate. What I found  works for me is to go to a topic I need a answer for like attachments and click on the magnifying glass picture.  Upper right of computer or smart phone and type what I'm surching for.  Usually pops up topics that others were looking for and answers thsy people posted. If I don't find out my answer I start a new topic....

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
2 minutes ago, ztnoo said:

I have no doubt countless people here have no clue as to this text coding and its meaning.

I didn't.

Sorry to have offended you or anyone else's understanding of certain "acronyms" but there here's a couple straight from the Red Square ecomotions list :laughing-lettersrofl::text-tmi: :omg::angry-soapbox:, I grew up more or less in an Amish style with using "horse drawn" equipment behind  Allis Chalmers B/C tractors no 3pt no balers putting hay up loose ect., thinking computers was just a tad of witchcraft and magnetic media (8 track/cassette tapes) would never die out to compact disc that seemed to have went the way of the dinosaur to complete digital media, but one can't fuss at a newbie repeatedly about using a forum incorrectly then on the other hand fuss about an older member for using modern computer/text and confusing the masses, again just an ole hillbilly's opinion, I.Dont.Know...

• Like 2

ztnoo
11 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: I'm not understanding...

on man's opinion?  :confusion-shrug:

well I'm not perfect either,

typo extraordinaire .........

"one" man's opinion.......

Edited by ztnoo
  • Haha 1

ztnoo
4 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Sorry to have offended you

You didn't offend me in the slightest.......I just had no idea what you meant when you started your post off with that statement.

My own ignorance about that frustrated me as much as anything........

• Like 1

peter lena

hello wolf pack , in addition to proper routing, very important to use proper lubricant, (  lubriplate chain and cable  spray ) is made for this type of tough operation. I spray it down before and after usage , never let it dry out, you will hear the improved ease of spin and smoother running . also, add  https://www.grainger.com/product/41MG64?cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!166589327950!!!g!109231853877!&ef_id=WrjdlAAAB5nFNg80:20180326120845:s  this serrated nut to tension adjustment bolt , slotted area, lower  forward outside edge . this nut will hold your chain tension setting . take the time to lubricate , the chute adjustment rod and the base of the chute, also for easier operation . its amazing to see how people DO NOT lubricate anything on their tractor, and complain that it " just don't work right ", really ?   good luck  pete