Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

19richie66

What its all about. 👍

• Like 3

BOB ELLISON

I worked on my B80 deck. New double pulley, idler pully,blades,drive belt  pto to deck belt and deck belt. I found everything here in michigan within 35 miles of my house. The blades and the double pulley were the hardest to find.

I did replace the 3 spindles last year. Only the 2 outer pulleys I didn't have to replace everything else is new.

I have to give the B80 to my son so he won't ask to use my new rider so I made sure the decks in good shape. After sitting all winter with the charger on it 2 turns on the key and it started up. Love that little engine.

20180508_094611.jpg

20180508_094559.jpg

• Like 5

Lane Ranger

Denny:  You are getting the best day with your Wheel Horse award today !

• Excellent 2
  • Haha 1

dclarke
16 minutes ago, Lane Ranger said:

Denny:  You are getting the best day with your Wheel Horse award today !

Thanks, Lane! Not sure who’s having more fun, the boys or the old man. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

@BOB ELLISON What size is that deck? I have a set of D hole blades for a 36 " you have if they will fit your deck.

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON
28 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@BOB ELLISON What size is that deck? I have a set of D hole blades for a 36 " you have if they will fit your deck.

Thank you but I found a new set of double D for $71.50 and there toro's replacements for the 8969 there 101335

It is a 36" deck. Very solid except the front wheel is bent a little. I don't think I can bend it back without heating it and I'm not going to do that. I was going to clean and repaint it but he needs it now.

Lane Ranger

Worked on my 314 with tiller to properly route the lift cable. Noticed that I had somehow routed the cable between the two cross member rods under seat. Easy to reroute with tiller down . Just take cable pin out and remove ball on cable from clevis. Reroute the cable properly and reinstall.

Used my 1964 Wheel Horse 854 to move tailer load of yard waste. And mowed with the 1975 B-80 . All before noon. Plus painted an RJ steering wheel I repaired with JB Weld. Used Rustoleum Acrylic Enamel Gloss Black Paint. Two more to do but sanding comes first. The JB Weld Puddy does a great job and dries overnight.

013.JPG

014.JPG

017.JPG

015.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

022.JPG

008.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

006.JPG

• Like 7

Herder

Herder
Just now, Herder said:

Woke up old Charger 12 from her winter slumber and we ripped up some grass. Riding this old girl will really give you a backache. Haven't forgotten that. 

20180509_171506.jpg

• Like 3

Thomas j Connors

I am trying to find out if anybody got a steel fender pan that will fit a c175 wheelhorse

rjg854

:WRS: place a wanted ad in the classified section of the forum you should get better results there.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

I spent a little time on the B80 this evening. This little 8 horse Kohler impresses me more and more every time I use it.

I took a yard trailer full of sand from the shed escavation project and moved it out to the path in front of our new Woods Bridge.

The path has come a long way but it is still fundamentally just an opening in the woods with a lot of rocks and Roots sticking up and that tractor never misses a beat. Just putts a long crawling over everything.

After that I moved a trailer load of three-quarter inch Stone from the upper driveway down into the pathway.

Work like this is exactly what got me vacuumed into the world of wheel horse in the first place.

Super impressive that I can be rolling through the woods moving a total of around a ton of material including the tractor and trailer and me.... Pretty strong for something so compact.

Edited by ebinmaine
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:  No picts Eric...

you know what they say. 

• Haha 5

19richie66

Didn’t happen :mrgreen: I agree though. I have moved things and pulled stuff I never thought they could do and they just keep chugging along. I’m sold. 👍 Love that pathway you two are building.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 3

ebinmaine

@AMC RULES, I'll get some pictures for you this weekend. Don't want to disappoint.

:lol:

• Haha 2

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Love that pathway you two are building.

Thanks!!!

I'll try to remember to throw a small video online to show the progress

• Excellent 1

Lane Ranger

Started tilling the vegetable garden yesterday and this am finished. 75 x 30 garden. Should end up with seven or eight rows and two hills of zucchini.  Blue Lake bush beans, three kinds of onions, basil , dill, kale, two types of lettuce, and more. Tomatoes and peppers come next.  314 tiller worked nice but did not seem to drop as much as my old model did on my C 121.  My old tiller was a 1993 On a 1978 C121 and my new tiller is a 1979 or 1980 on a 1993 314!  We filled up front tires and took out air in rear to drop tiller lower. Use to get about six inches depth.  Soil may have been harder this time. 

C284D211-DB73-4F4E-9B24-207DB9BAA0AD.jpeg

B9AD33A3-6445-40A9-AE0E-96FE5ECC4713.jpeg

3E57DF69-B71E-4716-AD6F-6CC9C8DDEB1C.jpeg

2D4EFE2A-B267-4B66-A924-927E34039B12.jpeg

C8E61227-8C26-4ACA-85CD-6B0200AC7188.jpeg

0A09BF4C-BB04-404B-B59E-F0DE56EA27A5.jpeg

53180509-2E4B-4EAA-A269-8BBEDC90EECB.mov

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 5

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: See here's the proof this really happened. 

:text-coolphotos: Lane.

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: See here's the proof this really happened. 

:text-coolphotos: Lane.

Well played, sir.

For the record, I did inform my honey that I was going to need some visual proof of my wheelhorsepowered aggregate relocation projects for you guys.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

AMC RULES

Just busting your aggregates Eric. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Hahahahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!

WHX??
20 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Speaking of stone relocating  ....what's with the green & yellow :thingy: @Lane Ranger ???? Please tell us the neighbor just dropped by for a beverage??

Edited by WHX17
  • Haha 3

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:

B9AD33A3-6445-40A9-AE0E-96FE5ECC4713.jpeg

19richie66

Don’t do it :silence:  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

PeacemakerJack
1 hour ago, Lane Ranger said:

314 tiller worked nice but did not seem to drop as much as my old model did on my C 121.  My old tiller was a 1993 On a 1978 C121 and my new tiller is a 1979 or 1980 on a 1993 314!  We filled up front tires and took out air in rear to drop tiller lower. Use to get about six inches depth.  Soil may have been harder this time. 

0A09BF4C-BB04-404B-B59E-F0DE56EA27A5.jpeg

Coming from the mouth of the "Plow Dog"--Where's the Brinly furrow plows Lane?  That looks like the perfect place to turn soil first with a plow, switch to a disc to bust clods, then hook up the tiller to finish.:teasing-poke:

Looks good nonetheless!

• Like 2