I have a d200 that has one brake peddle and it does nothing. I was told it was a parking brake and I was better off leaving it that way since if something on the inside broke it could mess up my transmission, The linkage is connected but I haven't a clue as to why it isn't doing something. But taking it one more step I saw where the d200 also came out with a dual brake sys. and would like to know if I could economically convert mine and a recommended site as to where to get the needed parts.P.S. This is a working tractor that is in use. Not a show tractor. I would at some point be interested in putting a loader on it as well. Please for conveyance if you don't mind send me a response by e-mail jrrmcpk9@gmail.com 

@jerrye :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

The peddle on the left side will (when adjusted properly) move the motion control lever (and hydro) into a neutral position when applied, thus a "brake" stopping the tractor. I have a D-200 and have not used the parking brake....You apply the peddle and a lever to lock the transmission into a "park" position. Apparently these have a tendency to not release and break parts inside the transmission/rear-end.

Using the peddle alone should not cause any damage to the transmission.

There was a member on Red Square that had D parts and the "turning" brake parts for sale, but I do not remember who that was...maybe someone else can help.

Loaders are out there for sale, and show up once in a while, but be prepared to pay dearly for a really nice one, or do a lot of work on a not so nice one!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Joseph Cubells
      I am looking for part 4-29A (or 101887 on the parts list). It is a bull gear from the transaxle of a D-200 from the mid-1970s. I would even be willing to buy an entire transaxle if it is in good working condition.
    • By Joe Cubells
      My 1975 D200 needs a replacement or rebuild of its rear trans axle- does anyone out there know where I can find one, or a shop that can do a rebuild?

thanks, Joe C
    • By Petes Horse
      Getting my mess of a d160 rebuilt and found the source of play in my steering.
      This may also explain the oddball rim.

Bottom race. Or is it races now?

-----------------------If you don't like modded OEM parts go no further, there be carnage ahead!----------------------------------------

So I went on a hunt for a replacement. Wow those are expensive. No standard bearings even close.
      Turns out 3/4 x 1-3/8 x 1/2 wheel bearings fit perfect because of their flange. Well almost. The ID is a little off.

Adjustment needed. I already ground the lip off. I believe the lips were to hold the bearings for assembly.

The flange of the bearing sits nicely in the adjustment cup.

Looking down into the cup with bearing in it. Flange side down.

Worm alignment with sealed bearing in cup on left. Same as new.

The cotter pin hole doesn't line up but there is enough room to drill a new one.

End view with bearing installed.

To install both top and bottom bearings you have to grind or turn a good portion of the shaft and the lip on the other side.
      It's only .030 so not to bad.

Both bearings installed. Fit nicely against the shoulder of the race on the worm.

Worm alignment with both bearings installed. Old outer races removed. tightened snug. Still has full travel and is more centered.

No way to install cotter pin. but my alignment cup was so tight it will not come loose. I'm lucky I got it out.

End cap with both bearings installed.

Hi-tech cap removal tool one ground down wood bit.

The sealed bearings sit up against the shoulder of the race and the bearing flanges face away from the worm.
      The flange may need adjusting depending on who made it. There is no inner seal so it can be greased like usual.
      I'm not sure how they will hold up to thrust loads but for 6 bucks I'll risk it.
      I didn't grind near the original races at all so it can be put back to original if need be, minus some metal anyway.

Welp, back to painting parts.......

• By Petes Horse
      I've been looking for a while. The bolt holes just line up and the wire is a little tight between the fender and light. No drilling though.
      They were at Rural King. I think about three bucks each. Optronics MC42RS RED  Marker/Clearance.

• By elliot ness
       What oil filter does the motor take and the rear end ? It's a Kohler K532 motor.  Thanks in advance.