Big_Red_Fred

Locking a Axle

Big_Red_Fred

Is there a way to Lock a Hi/Lo trans ? Id like to experiment the idea ! Anyone care to join in with your idea's

C-101plowerpower

here ya go 

• Like 1

WHX??

Is that what you meant about  about locking it ( the differential )  or do you mean the hi/lo range shifter? If your talking about that just remove the lever and you'd be pretty much stuck in the range you took it off in! :lol:

Aldon

I think you can reverse the pinions and it will semi permanently lock the diff.

This can cause handling problems and occasionally not insignificant crashes when pullers do this for competition.

But it can be done.

Making it so that it can be locked or unlocked easily is intense project as in the links provided.

@pfrederi installed limited slip in one of his which may be your best compromise.

• Like 2

19richie66

Think this might work? :laughing-rolling:

IMG_5545.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

WHX??

:text-yeahthat: Certainly keep the horse:ph34r: thieves to a minimum!

Big_Red_Fred
3 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

Think this might work? :laughing-rolling:

IMG_5545.JPG

LMAO, you got me there,

3 hours ago, Aldon said:

I think you can reverse the pinions and it will semi permanently lock the diff.

This can cause handling problems and occasionally not insignificant crashes when pullers do this for competition.

But it can be done.

Making it so that it can be locked or unlocked easily is intense project as in the links provided.

@pfrederi installed limited slip in one of his which may be your best compromise.

I remember back in the day one tractor had a large switch on foot rest you could push with your heel locking the rear

Not for a puller, was curious, i do have a 1100 eaton im saving for sons 516 when i get around to it, is there extensive Mods to switch rears ? Anyone ever try doing that, switching rears like Differentials ! LOL not the 2 legged rears on them 2 legged deer's

3 hours ago, WHX12 said:

Is that what you meant about  about locking it ( the differential )  or do you mean the hi/lo range shifter? If your talking about that just remove the lever and you'd be pretty much stuck in the range you took it off in! :lol:

One of the RS members said we can put parts from other makes of tractors on our :wh: ! Is that Real ?