dells68

Christmas Surprise

Chris G

Amazing job and awesome sounding to. But super glad it worked out the way ya hoped and very cool to see his response. I think it might take a day to sink in. But most of all Merry Christmas to you and your family

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@dells68 Love the expression on his face. Looked like he could not believe that it was his. Great job. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Alan R.

Need to start planning Emory's 2018 Christmas Surprise NOW.  Then the last minute panic might be avoided. :) Or not.  :hide:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

rjg854

Yeah 953 nut it's all that and then some :woohoo:

• Like 2

RandyLittrell

That really great! I am just wondering what the heck are you going to do next year? You have set the bar pretty high!!!:auto-dirtbike:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH

Beautiful!

• Thanks 1

oliver2-44

Your love for Emory shines through all you put into that WH and Emory,s love for you will be felt every time he rides it. After all "Love" is really what Christmas and Christ is about.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

Sarge

You win - best Christmas gift for a kid , ever...congrats .

I'm sure in the future , far down the road we'll see this thing still going strong , as well as Emory - your a great Dad .

Sarge

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

oldredrider

Good job! Gotta feeling his Lawn Ranger is gonna take the back seat to Road Runner!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

dells68
15 minutes ago, oldredrider said:

Good job! Gotta feeling his Lawn Ranger is gonna take the back seat to Road Runner!

I don't know, he still loves (or did) to drive his "straight pipe" and the ranger we bought at the auction.  He really seems to appreciate them all!  Been working at Dad's farm preparing to clear trees above our barn site where I plan to build a new shed this spring.  When we got home Emory had to go look at his new tractorB).

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

953 nut
40 minutes ago, dells68 said:

I checked to see if I could adjust the carb and adjustment screws are sealed off with metal plugs from the factory!  Might try to remove the caps and adjust the idle ratio a little.

Have you looked into adjusting the governor spring to calm down the surging?

• Like 3

ACman

Lawn ranger with a Predator transplant for my I mean his birthday ! :)

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

dells68
10 minutes ago, ACman said:

Lawn ranger with a Predator transplant for my I mean his birthday ! :)

A couple of my projects are waiting in line.  The 857 I bought at the auction will need some love to run, then a cleaning and clear coat.

13 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Have you looked into adjusting the governor spring to calm down the surging?

No, I thought about it, but I don't know which way to go.  There appears to be several setting that are possible.

• Like 4

Texas Todd

Elmer and Cecil are certainly smiling down on you two! Not the original Father and Son act, but the original Wheel Horse father and son act. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

@dells68 great job on the tractor...looks like Emory was very excited on Christmas morning to discover it was his tractor...And the memories the two of you made while working on it together are something you both will cherish forever

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

My new favorite video. You know Dell, I remember when my sons feet dangled high on the tractor like that. Now there both bigger than me, the kids grow fast.To fast.  Enjoy this time, its so precious.  You did the best thing ever dad.   :bow-blue:

Glenn

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

dclarke

That smile on Emory's face says it all. Thanks for the video, Dells. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Alan R.

Brilliant. :bow-blue:  Emory sure looks happy with his new toy. :)

• Like 3

Pullstart
15 hours ago, dells68 said:

Below is the video of his first ride.

Would you just look at that kid grinnin'!  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Jerry77
10 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Would you just look at that kid grinnin'!  

Wicked sound...love it ....sounds like it has a 3/4 cam in the old flathead...:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

Big_Red_Fred

Sorry i missed all the Fun Dell, was in Hospital, guess the years are catching up ! It Looks Great, i got the Same smile from Farmer Alex when he got his 1st Horse ! God Bless You & your Whole Family and Welcome the New Year in my Friend !:text-yeahthat:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

dells68
On 12/28/2017 at 12:30 PM, Big_Red_Fred said:

Sorry i missed all the Fun Dell, was in Hospital, guess the years are catching up ! It Looks Great, i got the Same smile from Farmer Alex when he got his 1st Horse ! God Bless You & your Whole Family and Welcome the New Year in my Friend !:text-yeahthat:

Sorry to hear you've been sick Fred.  Hope you're doing better.  Emory loves his tractor.  It was a great Christmas for him.  Nothing like being able to share our hobby with our sons!  Best time ever.  Emory keeps asking how long to the Big Show and if he can bring his new tractor:woohoo:!

• Excellent 4
  • Haha 1

Big_Red_Fred

Thats what its all about Men, keeping the Legend Alive and going, thru our Children !  Great Job DellIMG_05081.jpg.9a1d5dae249236450fe9d9199253e3c7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2